Jun 22, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to make it two in a row (and 10 of 11) tonight.
Last night's thriller took plenty of people by surprise, but maybe it shouldn't have. You see, since arriving in town, the Nationals have completely owned the Mariners. They've played each other seven times, and the Nats have won seven times. (Maybe Mark Lerner needs to push for his team to be realigned to the AL West.)
They'll look to make it eight in a row, and attempt to reach the .500 mark, tonight when John Lannan takes the mound against Erik Bedard in a match-up of left-handers. Lannan has been nothing short of brilliant over the last month, posting a 1.08 ERA and a .186 batting average against through his last five starts.
Bedard, the former Orioles first-round pick, has pitched quite well himself after missing all of last season following shoulder surgery. Jim Riggleman will counter with what has become his standard lineup against lefties: Ian Desmond bats second, Danny Espinosa bats fifth, Jerry Hairston bats seventh and start in left field.
Plenty of updates to come…
MARINERS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to CF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener