Jun 23, 2011, 6:05 PM EST
Bryce Harper and Brad Peacock have been selected to represent the Nationals in the All-Star Futures Game, a showcase of the sport's top prospects.
This is merely the latest accolade for Harper, 18, who has already played in the Arizona Fall League and the South Atlantic League All-Star Game. The right fielder will be stacked up against some of the minor leagues' other premier talents, all of them with a considerable age and experience advantage.
Harper enters the second half of the season at low-Class A Hagerstown hitting .330 with 14 homers, 45 RBI and a 1.014 OPS that ranks third in the Sally League.
He's not, however, the youngest player ever selected for the Futures Game. Eight other 18-year-olds have participated in previous games (including Francisco Liriano and Felix Hernandez) and three 17-year-olds have played (Jose Tabata, Angel Villalona and WilmerRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Rivero build off strong rookie year?
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?