Jun 24, 2011, 8:34 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
U.S. Cellular Field hosts the Nationals tonight.
CHICAGO — And now, back to baseball. As it were.
John McLaren is managing the Nationals tonight, and probably will be managing for a couple of days until Mike Rizzo names his permanent interim manger. The coaching staff remains intact, with Trent Jewett (who has traveled with the club all season as an extra coach) essentially taking over as bench coach for the moment.
McLaren's first lineup bears some similarities to the ones Jim Riggleman wrote out over the last week. Jayson Werth leads off. Since this is an interleague game in an AL park, the pitcher isn't batting, so we don't know if he would continue to hit the pitcher eighth. Laynce Nix will DH tonight, though, with Jerry Hairston in left field.
Jordan Zimmermann takes the mound for the Nationals, looking to continue his hot streak and the team's hot streak. A win tonight would be the Nats' 12th in their last 13 games. Right-hander Edwin Jackson (whose name came up in trade discussions last summer) starts for the White Sox. Slumping Adam Dunn is batting sixth.
Plenty of updates to come, and catch me live on Comcast SportsNet at 6 p.m. Eastern…
NATIONALS at WHITE SOX
Where: U.S. Cellular Field
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 180
Weather: Partly cloudy, 68 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
RF Jayson Werth
CF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Laynce Nix
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week