Jun 24, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
John McLaren will manage tonight in Chicago, but probably not much longer.
The "shock and awe" — as Drew Storen put it — of yesterday's events gives way to a new emotion this morning as the Nationals wake up in Chicago: Uncertainty.
What happens now?
This much we know for sure: John McLaren will serve as manager for tonight's game against the White Sox, a game that previously would have been most notable for featuring Adam Dunn against his former club but now stands out for far bigger reasons.
McLaren seemed the obvious choice to take over in the short-term. He served as Jim Riggleman's right-hand man the last 1 1/2 seasons as bench coach. He managed a game in San Francisco earlier this month while Riggleman was serving a suspension. And he has 156 games ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper goes yard for 3 HR's against Marlins
- New Nats veteran reliever reports to minor league affiliate
- Nats' reliever Casey Janssen ready for big step in rehab
- Werth sidelined again with "cranky" shoulder
- Strasburg hopes chiropractor can fix shoulder
- Aaron Barrett joins STL to discuss Nats recent success
- Bullpen holds after Strasburg's early exit, but Nats fall
- PHOTOS: RG3 attends Nationals-Marlins Tuesday
- Nationals preview adorable Pet Day calendar
- Nats are building momentum off of each win