Jun 25, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After another wild win last night, the Nats are back at U.S. Cellular Field today.
CHICAGO — It's been a whirlwind 48 hours in NatsTown, and it's not about to start slowing down now. Davey Johnson will be formally named as the Nationals' new manager sometime today, but he won't actually manage yet. He's expected to be at U.S. Cellular Field for the rest of the weekend to observe his new club, then take over Monday night in Anaheim.
So John McLaren is once again at the helm this afternoon, and he's put together a lineup that includes Ryan Zimmerman as DH, Jerry Hairston at third base and Brian Bixler (one of last night's heroes) in left field. Tom Gorzelanny gets the start against fellow lefty John Danks.
Remember, today's game is on Fox, so no MASN coverage before, during or after the game. Check back here for all of your updates, and check out CSN later for video…
NATIONALS at WHITE SOX
Where: U.S. Cellular Field
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 180
Weather: Partly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 6 mph in fromt LF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
DH Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling