Jun 25, 2011, 5:18 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After another wild win last night, the Nats are back at U.S. Cellular Field today.
CHICAGO — It's been a whirlwind 48 hours in NatsTown, and it's not about to start slowing down now. Davey Johnson will be formally named as the Nationals' new manager sometime today, but he won't actually manage yet. He's expected to be at U.S. Cellular Field for the rest of the weekend to observe his new club, then take over Monday night in Anaheim.
So John McLaren is once again at the helm this afternoon, and he's put together a lineup that includes Ryan Zimmerman as DH, Jerry Hairston at third base and Brian Bixler (one of last night's heroes) in left field. Tom Gorzelanny gets the start against fellow lefty John Danks.
Remember, today's game is on Fox, so no MASN coverage before, during or after the game. Check back here for all of your updates, and check out CSN later for video…
NATIONALS at WHITE SOX
Where: U.S. Cellular Field
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 180
Weather: Partly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 6 mph in fromt LF
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
DH Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal
- Scherzer signing shows Nats' continued growth as a franchise
- History with Rizzo, Williams gives Nats confidence in Scherzer