Jun 27, 2011, 9:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Davey Johnson makes his return to managing tonight at Angel Stadium.
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Hello from sunny Southern California, where tonight Davey Johnson manages his first big-league game in 11 years, having taken over the reins of the Nationals for the remainder of this season (and possibly beyond).
Johnson's first lineup looks a lot like those John McLaren wrote out over the weekend in Chicago. Roger Bernadina leads off. Jayson Werth bats second. Laynce Nix is batting cleanup, though he's in left field. Matt Stairs does make his first appearance in a long time, serving as DH.
One thing to remember: Drew Storen is not with the club tonight. He was in Indiana for his grandmother's funeral. He's expected to rejoin the team in time for tomorrow's game. We'll have to see who would get the call in the ninth inning if the Nats hold a tight lead.
Plenty of updates to come, including highlights from Davey's first press conference. Also, catch me live from the ballpark on CSN at 6 p.m…
NATIONALS at ANGELS
Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Gametime: 10:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 182
Weather: Sunny, 75 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves