Jul 1, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After a wild road trip, the Nats are back in town for a long homestand.
Let's see, the last time the Nationals played at home, they had just capped a sweep of the Mariners, surged above the .500 mark, leaving the crowd ecstatic … only to find out minutes later Jim Riggleman had resigned as manager. Yeah, things have changed a bit since then.
Davey Johnson makes his home managerial debut tonight. More significantly, the Nats will attempt to win for the first time under their new manager. They'll face another surging team in the Pirates, who are two games over .500 and send a tough right-hander to the mound tonight in Charlie Morton (though he posted a 12.27 ERA over his last three starts and had his most-recent turn in the rotation skipped due to a "tired arm").
Tom Gorzelanny, a former Pirate, starts for the Nationals. The lefty was very good last time out, holding the White Sox to one run over seven innings, albeit in a losing effort.
Check back for updates…
PIRATES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Clear, 84 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
CF Roger Bernadina
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox