Jul 2, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces James McDonald in Game 1 of today's doubleheader.
Who wants to play two for the price of one? Yes, we've got an old-fashioned doubleheader today at Nationals Park. This afternoon's game is a makeup from the May 17 (non-)rainout between these two teams, and it will be followed immediately by the originally scheduled 7:05 p.m. game.
A couple of reminders: One ticket gets you into both games. If you hold a rain check from that May 17 game, you'll need to exchange it for a comparable seat today. If you hold a ticket for tonight's originally scheduled game, you're good to go and can show up anytime.
Also, be aware that the first game will not be televised anywhere because Fox has exclusive rights to the 4-7 p.m. window. MASN2 will come on the air at 7 p.m. and show the second game in its entirety (or the conclusion of the first game if it hasn't ended yet).
I, of course, will be covering both games in their entirety, so be sure to check back for plenty of updates here…
PIRATES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 3:35 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"