Jul 2, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It'll be John Lannan vs. Brad Lincoln in Game 2 of the doubleheader.
After a frustrating, 5-3 loss in the opener of today's doubleheader, the Nationals are right back on the field for the nightcap. They'll need a win to get back to the .500 mark.
John Lannan takes the mound for the Nats, looking to bounce back from a ragged outing in Anaheim where he surrendered 11 hits in only 5 2/3 innings. Right-hander Brad Lincoln, summoned by the Pirates from the minors just for this game, gets to make a spot start.
Unlike Game 1, this one will be televised by MASN2 beginning at 7 p.m. Of course, I'll still be posting updates throughout, so please stick around…
PIRATES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 87 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to LF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind