Jul 3, 2011, 3:10 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Kevin Correia today at Nationals Park.
Despite their obvious struggles at the plate (coughJaysonWerthcoughRyanZimmerman) the Nationals still find themselves in position today to take three of four from the Pirates and get their record back over the .500 mark.
To do that, they'll need to get another quality start out of Jason Marquis, not to mention a couple of timely hits off Kevin Correia (who is shooting for his NL-leading 11th win). Unfortunately, they'll be without one of their top run producers: Michael Morse, who is still feeling the effects of a fastball to the left forearm late in last night's game. X-rays came back negative, but Davey Johnson is still giving Morse a day off.
The other big news of the day is the announcement of this year's All-Star teams. The selection show airs on TBS at noon, and I can assure you it will be watched closely by everyone in the Nationals clubhouse.
Check the homepage for news on the Midsummer Classic, and check back here for updates throughout today's game…
PIRATES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 86 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Matt Stairs
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind
- Point/Counterpoint: Will Nats regret Zim's contract?
- Report: Marlins showing strong interest in LaRoche
- Nats minor league coordinator Beasley leaves for Rangers
- Former Nats RP Duke gets paid after career turnaround