Jul 6, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to make it three in a row tonight against the Cubs.
As much as the Nationals have struggled offensively, they haven't been able to field their full lineup since Friday's homestand opener against the Pirates. That's a span of five games. So, if nothing else, Davey Johnson has to feel good being able to pencil out a lineup card tonight that includes Laynce Nix, Michael Morse and Jayson Werth (among others).
With everybody healthy and available, Johnson has dropped Werth to the 6-hole (behind Nix and Morse). We'll have to see if that helps get the right fielder going. You've certainly got to assume he's going to get plenty of opportunities with men on base.
Tom Gorzelanny, acquired from the Cubs over the winter, makes the start against his former team. If you're wondering about the guys the Nats dealt to Chicago to get Gorzelanny … Michael Burgess is currently hitting .202 with 10 homers and 43 RBI at Class A Daytona, Graham Hicks is 1-3 with a 4.01 ERA at low-Class A Peoria and A.J. Morris has yet to pitch this season due to a shoulder injury.
Updates to come, so please check back…
CUBS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 88 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day