Jul 6, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to make it three in a row tonight against the Cubs.
As much as the Nationals have struggled offensively, they haven't been able to field their full lineup since Friday's homestand opener against the Pirates. That's a span of five games. So, if nothing else, Davey Johnson has to feel good being able to pencil out a lineup card tonight that includes Laynce Nix, Michael Morse and Jayson Werth (among others).
With everybody healthy and available, Johnson has dropped Werth to the 6-hole (behind Nix and Morse). We'll have to see if that helps get the right fielder going. You've certainly got to assume he's going to get plenty of opportunities with men on base.
Tom Gorzelanny, acquired from the Cubs over the winter, makes the start against his former team. If you're wondering about the guys the Nats dealt to Chicago to get Gorzelanny … Michael Burgess is currently hitting .202 with 10 homers and 43 RBI at Class A Daytona, Graham Hicks is 1-3 with a 4.01 ERA at low-Class A Peoria and A.J. Morris has yet to pitch this season due to a shoulder injury.
Updates to come, so please check back…
CUBS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 88 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Laynce Nix
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"