Jul 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to complete a four-game sweep of the Cubs tonight.
If you're going to be an above-average team in this league, you've got to be able to consistently beat below-average teams. Which is exactly what the Nationals have been doing this week to the obviously struggling Cubs. They've won the first three games of this series (albeit each by one run) and tonight have a chance to finish off a four-game series sweep.
Livan Hernandez (who has been excellent his last two starts) takes the ball for the Nats. He'll face Matt Garza, who was a potential trade target of the Nationals over the winter and has been OK (but not great) for Chicago.
Couple of changes to the Nats' lineup tonight. Laynce Nix takes a seat, perhaps to rest his sore Achilles' tendon, so Roger Bernadina slides to left field and Rick Ankiel starts in center. Ivan Rodriguez is behind the plate, giving Wilson Ramos the night off.
In other roster news: The Nationals have officially secured optional waivers on Collin Balester. He's reported to Class AAA Syracuse, and he's back on the 40-man roster.
Updates to come…
CUBS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers