Jul 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
The Nationals first baseman came in behind winner Shane Victorino of the Phillies, runner-up Andre Ethier of the Dodgers and Todd Helton of the Rockies. Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy finished last in the online vote, which began Sunday afternoon and concluded at 4 p.m. today.
White Sox DH Paul Konerko won the American League vote.
It's still possible Morse could be named as an All-Star replacement if other players withdraw due to injury. Victorino has a sprained thumb and may not be ready to return in time, though NL manager Bruce Bochy would probably pick Ethier as the replacement since he finished second in the fan vote.
There are other potential injury scratches, though, including outfielderRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?
- State of the Nats: All tied up in the NL East
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth