Jul 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
The Nationals first baseman came in behind winner Shane Victorino of the Phillies, runner-up Andre Ethier of the Dodgers and Todd Helton of the Rockies. Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy finished last in the online vote, which began Sunday afternoon and concluded at 4 p.m. today.
White Sox DH Paul Konerko won the American League vote.
It's still possible Morse could be named as an All-Star replacement if other players withdraw due to injury. Victorino has a sprained thumb and may not be ready to return in time, though NL manager Bruce Bochy would probably pick Ethier as the replacement since he finished second in the fan vote.
There are other potential injury scratches, though, including outfielderRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder