Jul 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
The Nationals first baseman came in behind winner Shane Victorino of the Phillies, runner-up Andre Ethier of the Dodgers and Todd Helton of the Rockies. Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy finished last in the online vote, which began Sunday afternoon and concluded at 4 p.m. today.
White Sox DH Paul Konerko won the American League vote.
It's still possible Morse could be named as an All-Star replacement if other players withdraw due to injury. Victorino has a sprained thumb and may not be ready to return in time, though NL manager Bruce Bochy would probably pick Ethier as the replacement since he finished second in the fan vote.
There are other potential injury scratches, though, including outfielderRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to stay red-hot in Atlanta
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching