Jul 8, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — RHP Jhoulys Chacin (8-6, 3.28) vs. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (5-7, 2.82)
TV: MASN2 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM
Colorado comes to town reeling and banged up, having lost five straight and 10-of-13 while also seeing its two best all-around players forced to the bench due to injuries.
All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki strained a quadriceps muscle running down the first-base line on Monday and hasn't returned to the lineup since. He took batting practice yesterday and is making progress, but he won't be ready to play in tonight's opener at Nationals Park. Outfielder Carlos Gonzalez, meanwhile, has a swollen wrist and was unable to return to the lineup last night as the club hoped. He could, however, play tonight.
Offense, though, really isn't the Rockies' problem. It's pitching, specifically a rotation that hasn't seen its ace pitch like an ace so far this season. Ubaldo Jimenez, who burst onto the scene in 2010, is 3-8Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times