Jul 9, 2011, 4:56 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Ubaldo Jimenez tonight at Nationals Park.
For all that they've accomplished over the last month, the Nationals are in a bit of a precarious position this weekend. Having lost two straight (and seven of 12 since Davey Johnson took over as manager), they're back at the .500 mark. Another loss tonight to the Rockies would drop them below the break-even point heading into tomorrow's first-half finale.
So there is some amount of pressure on Jason Marquis, tonight's starter, to bounce back from his horrendous outing last Sunday against the Pirates, when he retired only four batters. His teammates will face a stiff challenges themselves in Ubaldo Jimenez, who has not come close to his dominant form of 2010 yet this season but has pitched well in recent outings.
I won't be covering either of the games this weekend. I'm on my way to Phoenix for the All-Star Game and will be reporting to you live from Chase Field tomorrow at the Futures Game (featuring Bryce Harper and Brad Peacock). Because of my flight schedule, I have to post this before lineups are posted, so if anyone out there would be kind enough to type them into the comments section, it would be much appreciated.
My colleague Chase Hughes will be covering tonight in my stead; you can find his work on CSNwashington.com, and I'll be sure to link to his articles once I arrive in Phoenix. Another colleague, Ryan O'Halloran, will have tomorrow's series finale for you all.
Until then, enjoy the game and the continuing discussion…
ROCKIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Clear, 88 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from LF
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation