Jul 10, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Chase Field, site of Tuesday's All-Star Game, and tonight's Futures Game.
PHOENIX — Hello from the Valley of the Sun, where All-Star festivities officially begin tonight with the annual Futures Game. The format has top prospects from the United States facing their counterparts from international locales.
There are two members of the Nationals organization in the game. You know Bryce Harper is here. He's starting in left field and batting third for for Team USA. Right-hander Brad Peacock, meanwhile, is slated to pitch the second inning for the Americans.
I'll have thoughts from both Harper and Peacock, as well as Class AA Harrisburg manager Tony Beasley (who is on the Team USA coaching staff), after the game. In the meantime, check back for in-game updates and please share your own impressions if you're watching at home on ESPN2…
ALL-STAR FUTURES GAME: USA vs. WORLD
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
Radio: XM 89
Weather: Dome (Outside: Partly cloudy, 102 degrees)
2B Jason Kipnis, Cle
SS Manny Machado, Bal
LF Bryce Harper, Wash
1B Paul Goldschmidt, AZ
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals