Jul 10, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Chase Field, site of Tuesday's All-Star Game, and tonight's Futures Game.
PHOENIX — Hello from the Valley of the Sun, where All-Star festivities officially begin tonight with the annual Futures Game. The format has top prospects from the United States facing their counterparts from international locales.
There are two members of the Nationals organization in the game. You know Bryce Harper is here. He's starting in left field and batting third for for Team USA. Right-hander Brad Peacock, meanwhile, is slated to pitch the second inning for the Americans.
I'll have thoughts from both Harper and Peacock, as well as Class AA Harrisburg manager Tony Beasley (who is on the Team USA coaching staff), after the game. In the meantime, check back for in-game updates and please share your own impressions if you're watching at home on ESPN2…
ALL-STAR FUTURES GAME: USA vs. WORLD
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
Radio: XM 89
Weather: Dome (Outside: Partly cloudy, 102 degrees)
2B Jason Kipnis, Cle
SS Manny Machado, Bal
LF Bryce Harper, Wash
1B Paul Goldschmidt, AZ
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game