Jul 10, 2011, 4:28 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Danny Espinosa turns a fourth-inning double play during tonight’s loss.
These days you never quite know which Ubaldo Jimenez you’re going to get. Unfortunately for the Nationals on Saturday night, Ubaldo was good. Really good.
After going perfect through the first 4 1/3 innings, the Rockies’ ace finished with one earned run, eight strikeouts and only one walk in a 2-1 Colorado victory at Nationals Park. It was a performance that many in the Nationals’ clubhouse couldn’t help but acknowledge.
“He’s filthy, he’s one of the best pitchers in the league,” manager Davey Johnson said. “We’ve been swinging bats pretty good lately but he calmed us down quite a bit.”
Read Chase Hughes’ full account of tonight’s game on CSNwashington.com.
Also, read an update on John Lannan’s condition from Ryan O’Halloran.
And, here’s some thoughts from Cole Kimball about his pending rotator cuff surgery.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring