2011 MLB All-Star Game

Jul 12, 2011, 11:30 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's the NL vs. the AL tonight in the Midsummer Classic from Chase Field.

PHOENIX — After a week of debate about who deserved and who didn't deserve to be named an All-Star, about who should and who shouldn't have made the trip to Phoenix and whether or not this game still means what Major League Baseball believes it should mean … it's time for the Midsummer Classic.

The NL, which finally snapped a string of 13 consecutive non-winning seasons last summer, will be going for its second straight victory. That would ensure home-field advantage for the World Series (not the representatives of the Padres, Astros, Cubs and Marlins care at all about that right now).

One new wrinkle to the game this season: The DH is being used in a National League park. Though there remains tons of support for traditional NL rules during the regular season (and even the postseason), there doesn't seem to be much reason for pitchers to hit in the All-Star Game.

I'm posting this early because I've got several events to attend this morning/afternoon, including Commissioner Bud Selig's annual session with the Baseball Writers' Association of America. I'll have a posting on that later today, and I'll have live updates throughout the game this evening right here…

2011 MLB ALL-STAR GAME
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 8:20 p.m.
TV: Fox
Radio: ESPN-980 AM, XM 176
Weather: Dome (Outside: Mostly sunny, 101 degrees)

STARTING LINEUPS
AMERICAN LEAGUE
CF Curtis Granderson, NYY
SS Asdrubal Cabrera, Cle
1B Adrian Gonzalez, Bos
RF Jose Bautista, Tor

Read more ยป

1. NatStat - Jul 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Mark, I hope that you get $18 mill. salary worth of media interaction with Bud The Spud!

2. P. Cole - Jul 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Kick Bud in the nuts for us.

3. Tcostant - Jul 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Ask Bud if he is sure he chose the right owner for the Nationals. In addition, ask him why Mark Cuban wouldn't be good for baseball?

4. Tim - Jul 12, 2011 at 5:48 PM

This is one of the worst lineups the NL has posted in years. For the AL, Cano bats 8th. Yikes!I wouldn't be too surprised if it's a 12-2 blowout.I can't get too excited about it. I heard Bochy on ESPN Radio say the NL's starters should get them through the 7th inning. He said he thought some pitchers may not get an appearance.I'd like to see Clip throw about 5 pitches (after all, he'll be pumped and overthrow a high fastball), go 3-2 on Bautista, and strike him out on a change. One batter. That's enough work. We need him for the 2nd half.

5. SCNatsFan - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM

When I was a kid I so enjoyed the all star game. Now its just three nights the Nats don't play and the answer to a cool trivia question…What are the only two nights of the year that a NFL, MLB, NBA or NHL players aren't playing? The night before and after the all star game (and that fact may or not be correct!)

6. Grumpy in Sunderland - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM

There's nothing in sports dumber than the the NFL Pro Bowl, but the MLB All-Star game comes close. (this year's motto, "let's invite everyone!". There's one All-Star for every 9 MLB roster spots).Tim, yeah, the scenario you painted for Clippard would be great. But I'm not wasting 4.5 hours in front of the TV hoping to see it.

7. JD - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Hey; I'm just enjoying the break from the 1 run games.

8. natsfan1a - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM

You could always set the DVR, Sunderland, but I hear you. :-)

9. Doc - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Me too Gumpy in Sunderland.Jus' want to see Clip do his thing for whatever short assignment that he has. I'll take a Nats' game any time!Home Run Derby is every day batting practice by any other name. I did watch a very old clip, a few months ago, of Mantle and Killebrew going one on one over a 9 inning style affair. The Fat Kid won, and hit them higher and farther. Mantle was gracious enough to say that he was always in awe about Killebrew hitting HRs farther than he did.

10. PAY TO PLAY - Jul 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Last year when Ryan Zimmerman didn't make it I chalked it up to a snub for a bad team being lucky to have 1 player (Matt Capps). This year the Nats have a good team like Pittsburgh and the Pirates get 3 guys and the Nats get just 1.Certainly I take Jordan Zimmermann over Correia and as a homer I take Michael Morse over Andrew McCutchen and on Bochy's roster I take Danny Espinosa over Pablo Sandoval.The Nats players got screwed this year worse than any other.So I watch in protest tonight!

11. NatsLady - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Next year our whole pitching staff will go!! And Zimm and Morse and Espi….

12. Bill B - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Why in the world is Bochy starting Beltran at DH? I'd use McCutchen and bat him first. He's the most dynamic offensive player in baseball right now (maybe tied with Jose Reyes).

13. Sam - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Is anyone else scoring the game, or just me?

14. natsfan1a - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Speaking of Nats (well, P-Nats) baseball, got an email saying that Wang will have another rehab start tomorrow night in Woodbridge. I've got other plans but thought I'd post it in case somebody else might be free to go and interested. Also, it's evidently going to be Harry Potter night. Woop de woo. (Yeah, sorry, but I didn't read any of them.)

15. natsfan1a - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Sam, no, and I don't try to score Spring Training games, either. Too many switcheroos for my humble scorecard. :-)

16. sjm308 - Jul 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Sam – I would go crazy trying to score it not to mention my Bob Carpenter Book really doesn't have that many spaces.I realize we all want our hometown boys represented but I still believe we are better off having our guys resting than going through the flying, pr garbage, and then the actual game.I am already getting excited about us winning two of the three away series we face starting Thursday.Go Nats

17. FS - Jul 12, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I will most likely watch the game and hope NL wins. I can't stand AL teams and fans, except few people. I hope NL thoroughly beats AL so AL fans can shut up about how NL is inferior to AL which is clearly not the case.NL lineup looks weak in comparison, but I am hoping NL pitching can make up for that.

18. Luqman - Jul 12, 2011 at 8:15 PM

NL Wins, we will see the most HRs in over twenty years.

19. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 12, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Sam, I'm pretty sure you're not alone. They pay somebody to do that right at the park, I think.

20. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM

and with all due respect to Mr. GrumpyTivo, this is one game featuring the best baseball players in the world. I don't miss these if I can.

21. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM

anchovies–check.pepperoni–check.extra can of diet Barq'd–check.phone in the other room–check.Play ball.

22. N. Cognito - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM

The National League is going to win because Barry Larkin says they have momentum from last year's win.Really makes you wonder.

23. N. Cognito - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:35 AM

P. Cole said… "Kick Bud in the nuts for us."He doesn't have any.

24. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I'm thinking Michael Cuddyer doesn't have a future in broadcasting.

25. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Brian Wilson, OTOH, would be strictly cable.

26. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Tonight we root for Roy as well as Fielder and co. Let's go NL.

27. MicheleS - Jul 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM

I would like to see RZimm/Espi/Stras/JZimnn/Ramos/Harper /Storen at an All Star game. And what would be really great is if Werth got in there as well!!!!Yes, I know, I am a total homer with rose colored glasses

28. Anonymous8 - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:04 AM

MicheleS, no Beast Morse?

29. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I can't believe I am missing this game. Only relying on Mark Z's super skills now.

30. Gonat - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Joe Buck sounds like he swallowed some hot peppers and the commercialization is so obvious with the Taco Bell zingers and pics of stars of Fox shows.

31. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:25 AM

gonat, now that you mention it, I did notice he sounded kind of hoarse on the pregame intro.Commercial? Yeah, but when was it not?

32. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:26 AM

I don't think *that one* is going to left, Tim…

33. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM

HR, AGonz, off Lee.1-0, Seniors.

34. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Difficult chance, my grandmother's paisley shawl!! E-3 and circus music for Prince, all the way.

35. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I don't care what game it is, I love seeing Lee get lit up — OH and LOOK who's coming in…

36. NatinBeantown - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Let's go Clip!

37. Dan! - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Get him Clip!

38. CBinDC - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Hey BUCK pay attention !!!!

39. NatinBeantown - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:35 AM

And Hunter Pence guns out Bautista! Wow!Can the NL score a few, take the lead, and put Clip in position for a patented Vulture Win?

40. CBinDC - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:35 AM

Man we get no respect at all Buck just rambled all over Clips appearance ….I thought he was going to read his laundry list …..the Nats get NO respect at all

41. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM

This is a simple game. You catch the ball (cue clip of Bautista) … you hit the ball (cue Gonzalez) … you throw the ball (cue Pence). You got that?

42. Drew8 - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Attaboy, Clip!Way to strand those inherited runners!(Ha!)

43. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM

That's probably the lamest way to record an out in an ASG but I will take it.

44. Gonat - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:39 AM

TClip!!!!! Way to strand those runners, sort of!

45. TimDz - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:41 AM

I'm guessing that the beer in Justin Timberlake's hand (by the sounds of his interview) wasn't his first….

46. CBinDC - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:41 AM

CLIP HAS THE WIN !!!!!!!!

47. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:41 AM

"So, technically, I guess Clippard is credited with stranding two runners?"Not sure, since he did put one of them on, he wasn't inherited. Wasn't a Fielder's Choice (Fielder's choice would have been to have the second baseman get over and catch that popup.)OH BUT THERE HE GOES! Prince, I take it all back!

48. Anonymous - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Lame? An out at the plate is arguably the most exciting play in baseball!

49. TimDz - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:42 AM

That HR makes Clip the winning pitcher (if it stands, of course…)

50. Andrew - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Tyler Clippard with the win to follow up on Matt Capps…..

51. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:45 AM

TimDZ, my thought exactly, although he was funny.And I think Granderson might have had a shot at that if he'd jumped…

52. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Anon 9:42, I meant as a pitcher in an All Star game, you would want to leave a better impression than getting saved by another teammate's perfect throw. Capps last year got the win by striking out Ortiz. Clippard is easily capable of doing better than that. Anyways, glad he got out of it and NL is winning right now.Oh and I agree on play at the plate being one of the most exciting plays. I saw one in person when Seattle had a runner on 2nd in top of the ninth against Orioles with only one out remaining in a one run game. Of course Ichiro lined a base hit to LF but runner got thrown out at the plate. That is probably the best game I have ever been to in my life.I like the way Bochy managing right now.

53. Barry Larkin! - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:54 AM

"Long way to go, obviously, but Clip is now the pitcher of record. And remember who won last year's All-Star Game? Yep, Matt Capps."I told you we had momentum!

54. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I love him, but if Clipp ends up with the win, it reinforces all that stuff I said in the Home Run Derby thread. It would be nice for him to get the "win," but it doesn't tell you how he did.Is the Joe Buck-Tim McCarver team the most boring, low-key pair on TV? Joe sounds either like he's hung over or would rather be somewhere else.

55. Drew8 - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:00 AM

By the way…Nationals Prospects offers an educated guess on Peacock's replacement at AA Harrisburg. They suggest the Nats will remove Oliver Perez from the temporarily inactive list.In six starts with Harrisburg Perez has a 2.48 ERA with 25 strikeouts and 5 walks. Randy Tomlin turns oafs into fishes.

56. Bzl. - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:01 AM

(Premature but…) Clip could be the winning pitcher with an opponents' batting average against of 1.000!

57. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:01 AM

@Bzl.–Yeah, right?

58. A DC Wonk - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Hey, Gonat, in case we needed more examples of why wins and losses don't necessary tell you much about a pitcher . . . let us present Tyler Clippard's performance tonight. (giving up a hit to every batter he faced ;-), and currently the winning pitcher of record)

59. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:06 AM

You like throws? I got throws for you:www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwKcCLTlFLs

60. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:09 AM

61. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:19 AM

The best throw I have seen on video is Ichiro throwing out Terrence Longhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnV1hX-k7sI can see this ten times every single day and not get tired of it. That truly was a laser beam.NL is doing pretty well right now. Would have liked another inning from Kershaw so Jurrjens could be saved for 7th. Might have been a matchup decision.

62. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I swear, listening to Joe Buck actually makes me drowsy. And he makes Tim McCarver sound like he's drinking Mountain Dew.

63. Anonymous8 - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:30 AM

What is wrong with Joe Buck. He sounds like he is giving a eulogy at a funeral. Depressing.

64. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Sec 3, I found one link where they barely show what happened.http://soxanddawgs.com/harold-reynolds-finally-admits-he-was-out.html

65. NatsLady - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:46 AM

You are kidding me? AL is down to one position player and it's only the 7th inning? We didn't have enough players??? Ha.Clipp in line for the win? Great!

66. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:47 AM

I have a favorite catch-and-throw story.World Series, Vic Wertz coming up, so the Giants bring in the lefty, Don Liddle. Wertz hits the ball about 455 feet, Mays makes the famous catch, the Giants bring in the righty, and Liddle goes to the bench, tosses his glove down and says, "Well, I got my guy."

67. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Thanks, FS, I thought that was a little too long to put folks through, but it may be the only one out there.

68. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Wow. Hunter Pence makes it from first to third on a passed ball by Wieters.It looks like the NL is here to play, and the AL, not so much.

69. sjm308 - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Not sure which former player I was listening to this afternoon but he predicted the NL as winners based on the pitching matchups(he was more upset about the number of All-Stars who pitched on Sunday) and it looks like he was right on. He mentioned the great relief pitchers and Bochy has Venters and Wilson left for the last two innings. Should be great when the Nationals have home field this year!! (ha,ha)How about that Oriole representative Matt Wieters? runner goes from 1st to 3rd on his passed ball!

70. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:50 AM

"Catchers are used to hitting against pitchers, not catching them."That's pretty bad, even for McCarver.

71. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Dave, it did go off the umps knee/shinguard, but he didn't seem to be in any hurry to find it, did he?

72. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:53 AM

I mean, first to third? Pence wasn't even running fast.

73. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:56 AM

All I can figure is, he heard the sound and thought it was fouled off, but then, there was no swing, so…I got nothin.

74. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:56 AM

I agree with Dave. I mean Ron has used only 3 innings from SP and rest of them have been relievers who are not even best at what they do. That last Sunday hurt AL's chances a lot. Imagine an inning each from Justin, Felix, CC, and Haren instead of all these Ron has put out there. That would have made the game very close right now. Instead, NL is winning 5-1. No complaints here.

75. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Well, he's never caught this pitcher before, you know?The wisdom of Guru Tim McCarver.

76. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:58 AM

First pitch out, that's how you redeem yourself in AL.

77. Drew8 - Jul 13, 2011 at 2:59 AM

It's been hard for me to get jazzed by this ASG.At the age of 8, I was spoiled for all time by the Reggie-goes-light tower All Star game played 40 years ago tomorrow.How does 24 future Hall of Famers grab you:Bench, McCovey, Aaron, Mays, Stargell, Carlton, Jenkins, Marichal, Seaver, Brock, Clemente, Carew, Brooks, Aparicio, Frank, Yaz, Palmer, Killebrew, Reggie, Kaline, Sparky, Alston, Weaver and ump Doug Harvey.Geez, I get chills thinking about the non-HOFers in that game: Vida, Oliva, Santo, Hondo. My God, what a show.Eventually, we'll have a 25th Hall of Famer from that memorable game — the 3rd baseman who had the best year of anyone in 1971.Who was it who hit .363 with 237 base hits and 137 RBIs in 1971?Yup. Joe Torre.

78. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:00 AM

And Heath Bell runs in, slides (sorta) behind the mound, tears up a big divot, gets dirty. I bet FP loves this guy.

79. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Hasn't Coffey trademarked that sprint?

80. sjm308 - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Do you think Coffey was watching Heath Bell enter?? The slide was super and he was timed in 10.2 which crushes Todd. This was way back in the game but did they really not give Fielder and error on that pop-up? Can't believe how bad McCarver is in that he immediately called it a hit and his comments on Wieters play were also ridiculous.

81. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:06 AM

Maybe so, Drew. But there's some 8 year old kid watching tonight who's gonna complain about the players he watches in the 2050 ASG.

82. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:08 AM

WOW Drew8, that is pretty awesome. Would love to see a game like that when I go to ASG anytime.NL is 3 outs away, but most likely it will be Wilson and his .238 AVG and 1.42 WHIP. This will be a tough win I fear.

83. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:09 AM

@sjm38, that bloop-shoulda-been-foul was where I started watching. I could not believe they didn't call that an error. It was in Prince's glove and fell out.Back then, I thought both teams were phoning it in. Maybe Bochy had a talk with his guys since that rather lackadaisical moment.

84. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Hanrahan warming up? (According to @mischatter on Twitter.)Good news, IMHO.

85. Slidell - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Should Clip get the win, he would be the 2nd Washington pitcher to get an All-Star win without getting a batter out. Dean Stone of the Senators did it first in 1954. He entered the game with 2 outs in the 8th, AL trailing, to face Duke Snider; but, Red Schoendienst tried to steal home and Stone threw him out! The AL rallied in the bottom of the 8th and Virgil Trucks saved it in the 9th.

86. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:16 AM

a four run lead with Wilson, Hanrahan, Lincecum, and who am I forgetting? out there. Don't think so.

87. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Looks like Boche doesn't mean to tire his guys out.

88. NatsLady - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Hanrahan in. Hit 97 on the radar gun. Where was that fastball when he was here?

89. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:19 AM

"as NatsTown and Tyler Clippard await with baited breath."Is that an anchovy joke?

90. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Uh-oh. E-6 on the Cub. Bad omen?

91. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Joe Buck is just electric tonight.Not.

92. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM

That was the problem, NatsLady–there was no telling where it was.

93. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Thanks Dave. Forgot about Joel.Sec 3, I have hard time believing that half of these guys will be in HoF. I sometimes doubt even Ortiz's admission to HoF.Castro is so annoying. Here I am waiting to go no MLB's site and rub this win in AL fans' faces.

94. JaneB - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Drew8, oafs into fishes was nice.Oof, Starlin! Desi doesn't make that mistake, and no one even talked about him playing tonight. And now Hanrahan is playing like his old Nats self.I got teary seeing Clip on the mound.

95. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Holy crap. Joel is trying to close this one out just like in the olden days in Washington.Time for a pitcher switch, Bruce.

96. NatsLady - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Sheesh — is this Little League?????

97. sjm308 - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Bochy is not messing around. In comes Wilson. Can Joe Buck be any more boring? He continues to try and sell us on "Moneyball" on just about every play, even when the NL is throwing the ball around like the 2009 Nationals.

98. NatsLady - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Cubs are truly terrible if THAT is their best player!And the announcer says, without a hint of sarcasm, that Castro "needs to work on his defense"…

99. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Okay, Blackbeard. One out to go.

100. sjm308 - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:27 AM

Everyone focuses on Wilson's beard but the little pony tail in the back is also unique. Did not realize his stats were that bad this year but he still looks pretty good.

101. NatsLady - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:29 AM

And Clipp wins it!!!!!!!!!!

102. Dave - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:29 AM

All right. Home-field advantage at Nats Park for the Series this year.

103. NatinBeantown - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:30 AM

Do we have to trade Clip now?

104. sjm308 - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:31 AM

I agree Dave, I will be loving that 7th game vs the Red Sox.Strasburg vs. Lester

105. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Does Hanrahan get a hold for that?

106. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Let's hope Storen comes in next ASG to earn the save. Remember NL manager to always include a Nationals reliever in your roster and have him pitch to one batter. Oh and good thing Castro got that error out of his system before Konerko's groundout.Go NL Go!!! Even with AL's missing pitchers, game only becomes close, not an automatic loss for NL. Take that AL and beefy hitters.

107. NatsLady - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Trade Clip? Who would want him? They're batting 1000 against him. (Actually, I got a real chill that when Bochy was in trouble he called on Clippard).

108. CBinDC - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Do you think that the Nationals will ever have more then one player in the ASG

109. sjm308 - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Beantown: people will start screaming at me here but this is actually a great time to trade Clippard. With the way relief pitchers vary from year to year (exception is Marino Rivera) he is at peak value. Reasons not to are we have control for a couple more years and he is not expensive right now. He also might prove to be consistant since he was a starter early in his career. Not sure Rizzo will do this but I am betting he will get more offers for Clippard in the next few weeks than any other National.

110. NatsLady - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Bear in mind that trading Clip would break my heart.

111. FS - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:44 AM

WOW I just came to know that Dwight Gooden was 19 years old when he made to his first ASG. Unbelievable!Listening to Ron praise NL pitching endlessly.

112. Anonymous - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:48 AM

more THAN one. THAN.than than than.With an A

113. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:51 AM

sjm, I hear you, but you don't trade FROM your team, you trade TO it — it's about getting what you need, not getting rid of what you have.

114. Anonymous - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:52 AM

Bait them with Clippard and hook them on Coffey. Whatsanattau

115. Anonymous - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:54 AM

What is whatsanattu

116. Anonymous - Jul 13, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Redundant

117. JoeGish - Jul 13, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Prediction;: Rizzo will trade a relief pitcher to get some help in CF or sure fielding SS with some pop