Jul 12, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
But as the Nationals begin to see positive results on the field and throughout their farm system, the franchise is beginning to receive positive reviews from the man who orchestrated its relocation from Montreal.
“That took a long time, and I think the Washington situation is working out well, I really do,” MLB commissioner Bud Selig said today. “I’m glad that all happened. It took a long time. We went through a lot. It seems like every year or two you have some thing that you wished for, but it worked out well. It’s working out well.”
During his annual All-Star break Q&A session with members of the Baseball Writers Association of America, Selig was asked what lessons he learned from the long process that brought baseball back to the
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres