Jul 15, 2011, 2:16 AM EDT
Let's run through them all in quick-fire fashion…
— Jim Riggleman has been hired by the Giants as a special assignment scout. The former Nationals manager has long been close friends with San Francisco skipper Bruce Bochy — Bochy was Riggleman's third base coach in San Diego 20 years ago and succeeded him as manager — so it seemed a logical landing spot. Riggleman was in San Diego this evening to meet with Bochy and Giants GM Brian Sabean and the three settled on this position in rather quick fashion. "I look forward to sitting down with Riggs and Brian and talking," Bochy told reporters before the hiring was made official. "It could be doing some scouting, it could be looking at our minor leagues, basically some consulting."
— The Nationals granted J.C. Romero his unconditional release, ending any possibility of the veteran lefty joining their bullpen. The former Phillies reliever signed a minor-league contract with the Nats on June 29 and reported to Class AAA Syracuse. Romero posted a 1.29Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5