Jul 15, 2011, 7:38 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats open the second half of the season at Turner Field.
ATLANTA — Hello from Turner Field in not-so-Hotlanta. It's been overcast all day, and that's kept the temperature reasonable. It's also created the distinct possibility of rain throughout the afternoon and evening, which could impact the Nationals' second-half opener against the Braves.
Assuming the game starts on time — NOTE: First pitch on Friday nights here is 7:35 p.m. — Livan Hernandez will take the mound against longtime Nats nemesis Tim Hudson. Hudson, you'll recall, is 11-3 with a 2.00 ERA in 20 career starts against this franchise. That said, the Nats have beaten him in two of their last three encounters (last September and this May).
Davey Johnson is going with what has become his "A" lineup for the second-half opener, with one twist: Michael Morse and Laynce Nix have swapped spots. Before the break, when both guys played, Nix hit cleanup and Morse hit fifth. Tonight, Morse is in the 4-hole ahead of Nix.
Plenty of updates to come here, and be sure to tune into Comcast SportsNet at 6 p.m. for my live report from Turner Field…
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:35 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Chance of rain, 76 degrees, Wind 11 mph RF to LF
CF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team