Game 94: Nats at Braves

Jul 16, 2011, 7:43 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals (and The B-52s) play tonight at Turner Field.

ATLANTA — It's another surprisingly pleasant day here in Atlanta, with mild temperatures and a nice breeze to boot. Not that the Nationals enjoyed the fine weather last night during one of their ugliest losses of the season.

They'll try to get back on track tonight, with John Lannan on the mound for the first time since taking a line drive off his face July 8 against the Rockies. What looked at the time like a potentially devastating injury instead turned out to be incredibly mild. The lefty suffered only a nasal contusion, and if you look at him now, you'd never know anything happened.

In talking to Lannan yesterday, he insisted he won't take the mound tonight worried about the same thing happening again. He does, however, plan to make a slight mechanical tweak, reverting to a form he used to use. On his follow-through, Lannan wants to tuck his head down and to the right a little more. He said he'd fallen into a bad habit of leaving his head up, which may have left him more susceptible to comebackers like the one last week.

Meanwhile, the Braves have painted a giant "10,000" into their outfield, in commemoration of the franchise's 10,000 all-time win last night. It sounds impressive, but they've also lost 9,992 games in their history. In fact, of the 16 original MLB franchise, the Braves' .5002 winning percentage ranks 12th (behind, among others, the Indians, Pirates and Cubs).

And finally, you'll notice in the above photo a big stage taking over the infield. The B-52s will be performing after tonight's game. So I'll be writing my game story with "Love Shack" blaring in the background. Can't wait…

NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
TV: MASN
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 11 mph RF to LF

STARTING LINEUPS
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Michael Morse

Read more ยป

1. NatsLady - Jul 16, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Nix sitting this one out? Any reason given?

2. Anonymous - Jul 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM

3. Anonymous - Jul 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Nix has an ongoing problem with his achilles. It makes it hard for him to play the field. If he wasn't one of the key hitters in the lineup he would in all probability be on the DL with Pudge. Its why Pudge is on the DL. He's become almost a purely defensive catcher with little to contribute offensively.

4. Anonymous - Jul 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Could be the reason why the infield is bad … look at where they put the stage? And they probably had similar event[s] over the AS break.

5. Dave - Jul 16, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I'll be at the game tonight with some other Nats supporters. Hopefully we can get things back on track. The guys were simply not ready to play D last night. On the plus side, it was good to see Werth making more solid contact last night.I will NOT be sticking around for the B-52s concert.

6. bigfitzva - Jul 16, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Just thinking, after last night a concert stage in the middle of the infield is just what that Georgia cow pasture needs.

7. SonnyG10 - Jul 16, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Yep, Harper needs more seasoning. Harrisburg should be a good test for him.

8. Sunderland - Jul 16, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Wow, a stunning lack of love for the B52's. Sad. They are likely Braves fans though, Georgia born and bred for the most part. I say GYFNG and then JYB52sJ.

9. Anonymous - Jul 16, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Prefer the Allman Brothers from Macon. B52's. Yes sad.

10. sjm308 - Jul 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I saw the B52's a couple of years ago at Wolf Trap. I did not go with high expectations but it was actually lots of fun. Looking forward to us bouncing back tonight and Emmy Lou Harris next Saturday.NatsLady, its only one game back but Nix was having a tough time of it in the games leading up to the All-Star break. Rest is probably a good thing. Go Nats!

11. Drew8 - Jul 16, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Anon:Harper will not come up this year, but if you think his first five games in Harrisburg tell the tale, you're living in your own private Idaho.We've seen again and again — in Vegas, in the Arizona Fall League and in Hagerstown — that it takes Harper a few games to find his groove at the plate. Then look out…

12. LoveDaNats - Jul 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Why am I nervous over Lannan reverting to a previous pitching form? Just as long as he doesn't revert to his previous (ie last year) pitching results.

13. Drew8 - Jul 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM

At least we know what caused all of those infield errors last night.It wasn't a rock.It was a rock lobster!

14. natsfan1a - Jul 16, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I don't have an official position on the B52s (who evidently dropped a punctuation mark somewhere along the way), but my husband says they are the bomb.As for LannEn, all I can say isGo go go, Johnny, goJohnny B. Good(e)(Oh, and Nats too.)(hmmm, captcha is "slannan"?)

15. NatsRock - Jul 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Desi's gonna have his work cut out for him, catching balls hit behind the rock stage.

16. natsfan1a - Jul 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Oh, and thanks for representing, Dave.

17. Waddu eye no - Jul 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Anybody seen A dog dyed dark green?

18. Anonymous - Jul 16, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Yeah, tough for DP's. Could lead to an error or five if they don't take it down before the bottom of the 1st inningYeah, tough for DP's. Could lead to an error or five if they don't take it down before the bottom of the 1st inning.

19. Steady Eddie - Jul 16, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Drew8 said "it takes Harper a few games to find his groove at the plate. Then look out…"Exactly right. And IIRC, same thing in spring training this year — nothing for a week and a half or so, then started to rake.However, I also agree with those who see that he needs the seasoning for all aspects of his game, especially if the FO (properly) wants him to be able to succeed at each step. I'd say the earliest we'll see him at Nats Park is early June 2012 after the Super 2 deadline, more likely after the trade deadline or a Sept. call up. But of course it fundamentally depends on how he does at each stage, so speculation by anyone is no more than that.

20. Steady Eddie - Jul 16, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Hmmmm, capcha was "tases" — not sure how to take that one….

21. Mark'd - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Cole Hamels gave up 7 earned runs in 4 innings.

22. Grandstander - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:19 PM

23. NatsJack in Florida - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:20 PM

24. sunderland - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM

The run that scored on a popup that dropped between Utley and Howard was not quite fully earned. Carly said MarkZ ducked a foul ball? Say it ain't so Mark.

25. Mark Zuckerman - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Grandstander said…Ha! Mark just got called out by Carp. Dodging fouls up there in the box, Mark? Stay alive!So I hear. Espinosa's foul ball caught me by surprise. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention. Was too busy counting how many different places they've got the number 10,000 written on the field here. I'm up to at least 4: Across the outfield, behind second base, at the back of the pitcher's mound and inside the tomahawk logo behind the plate. Apparently these folks have never heard of the concept of overkill.

26. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Hey, Dave–are you wearing a blue polo and red W cap?

27. Drew8 - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Tin Roof …. Rusted!

28. waddu eye no - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM

ok lannan! gyfng

29. nationals7 - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Yay!!

30. baseballswami - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Lannan's face looks as pretty as ever and the swing wasn't bad either! I think he was the last of the starters to get a hit. Nice time for it, too.

31. Dave - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:51 PM

@Sec3, I'm wearing my own bald head with a couple weeks of #1 buzz stubble on it.I know, you were talking to that other Dave, who's in the ballpark.This looks more like a game I'd like to watch on TV. Glad I missed last night. I was watching the Reduced Shakespeare Company at the KenCen, doing The Complete World of Sports (abridged). Very funny. You all ought to see it if you can. (I'm buddies with the RSC.)

32. Dave - Jul 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Oopsie. Two-run shot moves the Braves fans to make that obnoxious tomahawk-chop chant.

33. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Dave- saw RSC on Wed/matinee… half house was hard on the players. Funny though.

34. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

aarrghh

35. sunderland - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

So does this mean Lannan is a better hitter with RISP? And what was it that Bo Porter told him before that 2 run single?

36. LoveDaNats - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Mark, you're the best. I don't know about overkill but if we finish the season at .500, I am personally going to Nats Park to carve .500 into the outfield grass.

37. Exposremains - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM

I don't think there is anything more annoying than the tomahawk chant. Going back to the Expos days I always hated it.

38. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:20 AM

39. dj in Fl. - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Wow 2 calls at 2nd to us. Only 5,983 now needed to even things up.

40. Jim Webster - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM

41. waddu eye no - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:47 AM

webster it's b-52shttp://theb52s.com/btw – love that bookand your dictionary, too

42. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM

@Jim: it goes between the B and the 52:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_B-52sYou're welcome.

43. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Nice try, Jayson. Keep hitting them long, and we'll be fine.

44. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM

dang. one Internet to dr. no.

45. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:51 AM

and Truss is over-rated, IMO. but what do I know?

46. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.- Albert Einstein – batting .750

47. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Rhino!!!!

48. Andrew - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM

WILSON RAMOS!!!! Add-on runs!!!!

49. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM

DIVE! DIVE!

50. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Clutch!!!!!

51. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM

LannEN… all.about the bat :-}

52. CBinDC - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM

John Lannon is the PH we have been looking for all year WHO KNEW

53. Gonat - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM

NatsJack in Florida said… Brad Peacock is getting shelled in Syracuse. Two doubles, one walk, 2 home runs, and 5 earned with one out. July 16, 2011 7:20 PM _____________________________Isn't he still doing better than Stammen last night?

54. Grandstander - Jul 17, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Did anyone else hear the Klaxon in their head on that shot?

55. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:00 AM

GoNat. Yes.

56. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Cmon Sharkadina

57. CBinDC - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I am now hearing sirens, horns and bells at other parks on HR's and wins….some sort of trend the Nats were ahead on or just following the Commissioners dictates ??

58. Gonat - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM

7 earned for Peacock to finish his horrible night.

59. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM

…..just tomahawk chop my ears off.

60. Grandstander - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Heyward must be kicking himself. That pitch came giftwrapped with a bow. Glad Davey is going to get John here. Still a long way to go in this one with some vintage Cardiac Nats Baseball.

61. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Oh my goodness, *knocks on wood* it's not a one-run game!

62. Gonat - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Kardiac Kids…Mattheus makes my heart skip some beat. Well done boxscore by Lannan after the hit to his face in his last start. Very impressive.Ramos ram'd 'em hard and far tonite.

63. Steady Eddie - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Mattheus is a keeper, big time — not giving any of Ramos' runs back, there!And LannEn has looked determined to keep his rotation spot in his last 6-8 starts — the real deal.

64. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Mako Morse. Overdue.

65. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Boy, that first baseman did the splits on that one to get Morse.

66. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Yeah, that looked painful. Great job by Morse on making it close and forcing him to do that.

67. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I hate that chant.

68. nationals7 - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Let's go Nationals…!!

69. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:33 AM

The P-Nats gave away fly-swatters??! Huh? Ok…

70. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM

OK, their turn for goofy plays!

71. Don Hammack - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Will The B-52s be using tribute lyrics in the postgame concert?Ramos if you want toRamos around the basesRamos if you want toWithout anything but the love we feel

72. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

My man, Clipp!!! Got my tee, Fear the Goggles!

73. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Ummm… what the heck?! Dude in a dress runs onto the field… I feel sorry for the players….

74. Dave - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

So, an idiot runs out on the field. But Tyler goes 1, 2, 3 anyway.

75. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Nice going, Clip. Keep the focus no matter what craziness is going on around you.

76. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Braves had no chance. Winner of the All Star Game, y'know.

77. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Haha, maybe he was a bit too excited for the Love Shack…

78. sjm308 - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Can't handle the TV broadcast, went upstairs to hear Dave & Charlie for the last 6 outs. Guess someone really laid the guy out when he went on the field. How good is Clippard??Come on Drew – 3 outs!!!

79. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Wow, nice play by Des (and Morse).Got Charlie&Dave with the mute on the TV.

80. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:13 AM

THE NATS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

81. Nats Outsider - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Huge win. It comes after yesterday's embarrassment, and it ensures that the Nats won't be swept. Cool!

82. Dave - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Somebody tweeted a photo of the wedding-dress guy being tackled. Five security guards took him down.Nats win! Back to .500! Atlanta's field decorations remain completely accurate.

83. dj in Fl. - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Well I can say that I did not see this coming after last night.Way to go guys.

84. Dave - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:15 AM

My wife just commented on what a hoot it would be if the Braves dropped the next seven games. That would bring them to 10,000 losses. Would they paint that on their field, too?

85. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:15 AM

sjm, FP said the football fans would have called that an "OOOH!" hit.

86. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Dave, your wife has excellent sensibilities, I think.

87. Gonat - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Nice Web Gem by Ian Desmond on Jason Heyward. Bullpen was great tonight.

88. Grandstander - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Three things that immediately come to mind:1. Desmond bounced back defensively. As long as he's this sharp defensively, I can live with minimal offensive production.2. Werth is finding his swing. Not an overly impressive line, but even on his K, he looked like he knew where he was and what he was doing. A marked improvement.3. Lannan is for real folks. Gritty performance tonight coming off that comebacker. He looked sharp right until the end.+1 point – Ryan Mattheus is filling that 7th inning role VERY nicely. What a steal! I'll take him over a half season of Biemel in a losing season.

89. NatsLady - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:17 AM

90. Drew8 - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Well done, boys. Very nice bounce-back win.

91. Joe Seamhead - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Ahhhh! Loving life tonight.

92. Waddu eye no - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:30 AM

This ain't no dead beat club

93. Gonat - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Another observation was it was the best I have seen LannEn vs. lefties. He got 0'fers on Heyward and Freeman while McCann managed 1 hit up the middle.If Gorzo can do the same vs. the lefties and the Nats can get a few runs on Jurjens, lets see.A little disappointed that the Nats didn't seal a win a laugher in the last 3 innings when they had add-on runs sitting out there.

94. Grandstander - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Gonat, a 3-run win for the Nats is a laugher.

95. Gonat - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:34 AM

NatsLady said… Can we slow down on the "Get rid of Desmond" talk for a while? That was a great win. I would say typical, but, a 3-run laugher?!? July 16, 2011 10:17 PM ___________________________Uh, 7 game hitting streak, + a walk tonight and some stellar defensive plays.

96. Gonat - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Grandstander said… Gonat, a 3-run win for the Nats is a laugher. July 16, 2011 10:33 PM __________________________LMAO, yah, sort of true except I saw add-on runs that they should have had. Now Storen was happy to get a Save.

97. Gnashnail - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:40 AM

5+ … then do the Math, Clip, and Store…

98. natsfan1a - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Thanks, Jim, as an editorial type, I am quite familiar with that book as well as with a number of style guides. However, I was referring to the fact that the band was originally known as the "B-52's" and later dropped the apostrophe. (Perhaps they did so after receiving copious missives from pinch-lipped editorial types such as myself, although I doubt that was the case. I never sent any such letter to them, but I'm guessing that they wouldn't give a rat's patoot what I think of their grammar skills anyway. ;-))Jim Webster said… natsfan1a: "the B52s … evidently dropped a punctuation mark . . ." Where do you put a punctuation mark? B52s is proper use for a plural. If it's possessive, B52 must be singular. (See "Eats Shoots and Leaves," funniest grammar book of modern age.) July 16, 2011 8:37 PM

99. sjm308 - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:45 AM

just looked at the opp. batting ave. for Mattheus, Clip and Storen. pretty impressive, .150, .160 and .195. We also have HRod, Coffey and hopefully the two leftys will also contribute. have stressed how good our bullpen is for several months and it will continue to keep us in the hunt for a winning season. Nice to see us with 17 hits in the first two games of the season against a very good pitching staff. I realize its just one hit each game but for Werth and Desmond that is enough for me. Now, if they could only be hits that drive in runs, I will take the baby steps. Go Nats!!

100. sjm308 - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Of course I meant first two games since the break.

101. Gnashnail - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:48 AM

uhhh, sorry, since we are being grammatical, might as well not mispell: … do the Matth, Clip, and Store…

102. natsfan1a - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:49 AM

On a game note, agree with all of Grandstander's points. I'm particularly happy for LannEn after the scare during his last start. Atta boy, Johnny!On an overkill win commemoration note, don't forget the 10,000 pennant, Mark. Lucky Braves, they get to keep it the same way for another day and won't have to send anyone out to amend the win totals in the various spots. Hope that they'll still be at 10K after tomorrow's game!

103. natsfan1a - Jul 17, 2011 at 2:51 AM

I like that slogan either way, Gnashnail!

104. Dave 2.0 - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I'm glad I was able to see the game tonight and not yesterday. Desmond made two great plays to close it out, and Ramos absolutely crushed his bomb.I agree with Mark that the 10,000 win celebration was serious overkill. The stadium was hopping though, and I saw some other Nats fans, including a cute little girl wearing a Todd Coffey jersey who got Todd's attention in the bullpen, and was thrown an autographed ball. Turner is a nice place to watch a game, especially when the weather is cooler, as it was tonight. The Braves fans do the wave about 4 times a game, which hurts my soul. Also, the food selection at Nationals Park puts this place to shame.

105. baseballswami - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Nice to see the team turn the page on last night and have a zero in the "E" column. Also nice to have more than a one run lead going into the ninth. Matt, Clip and Store – cool, calm and collected. Love it! Kudos to desi on the outstanding defensive plays tonight, MM for cleaning things up defensively, LannEn for the gritty pitching and awesome hitting. Werth looking slightly better and no Matt Stairs sightings. Ankiel continues to surprise. Sorry, fellow bloggers – I will be following the game tomorrow but anxiously watching the Women's World Cup soccer coverage.

106. natsfan1a - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Thanks for the report and for representing, Dave. I thought I sensed some wave activity during the broadcast. :-) Cute story about the little Coffey fan (demitasse?). Maybe she likes to watch him run out to the mound.

107. Sec 3, My Sofa - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:19 AM

"However, I was referring to the fact that the band was originally known as the "B-52's" and later dropped the apostrophe."Three with one shot!You can't stop her, you can only hope to contain her.

108. JaneB - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:27 AM

On ESPN, it sounded like LannEn got hit again. Did I mishear that? I'm at the beach and ( my family is thrilled that) there is no way to see the game on TV here… I'm so glad they won. Thanks to Mark and you all for a sense of how it all went down!

109. JaneB - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:31 AM

I LOVE when other teams have fans who do the pasta wave! Just not in our house. And loved reading about the baby Coffey fan. Good call on the demitasse, 1a.

110. Mark Zuckerman - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:31 AM

JaneB: There was a sharp bouncer back up the middle that Lannan kind of ducked away from, but nothing like the one last week. And this one didn't hit him.

111. SonnyG10 - Jul 17, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Great game tonight. The magic is not over. I believe Desi and Jayson are starting to find their stroke at the plate. GYFNG!!!!

112. Drew8 - Jul 17, 2011 at 4:00 AM

Meanwhile, Solis and Rosenbaum are giving hitters Pfitz at Potomac.Tonight Solis got his third win in three starts since his promotion. His ERA is 2.84, pairing nicely with Rosenbaum's 2.64.I hope FEMA can chopper those two out of the swamp.

113. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 4:29 AM

I told BinM Mattheus would turn out to be the real deal in the bullpen. Although Syracuse misses him … hopefully Zenicola and Severino can pick up the slack … but neither has managed to do that these past 2-3 years? Peacock really got shelled. I hope he isn't a pitcher who still needs Tomlin (the guy who ostensibly helped make him into a AA All Star) still with him. Its the one thing I feared when they promoted him. See John Lannan demotion 2010 season.

114. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Can we slow down on the "Get rid of Desmond" talk for a while? That was a great win. I would say typical, but, a 3-run laugher?!?Looks like Davey put the lid on that tonight. And we know his word carries a lot of weight with the FO from Rizzo on down. Then … as I recall Davey used to play next to a shortstop named Mark "the blade" Belanger who was all about the glove … very little bat. ;)

115. Anonymous - Jul 17, 2011 at 4:38 AM

In six games at Harrisburg, Harper is 5 for 21, all singles, with 6 strikeouts, .238 average. (But the team is now calling itself Harpersburg–that figures.) I think reality will set in for this guy and will help him mature. He is nowhere near ready for prime time, and talk of a September callup is probably one year premature. We wish him well, but he doesn't walk on water. Not yet, anyway.Another way to look at the promotion (excluding the poor field conditions situation in Woodbridge) is that there might be a lot less pressure for Harper to perform. Unless there is a sudden promotion (and admittedly it could happen) of the entire heart of the lineup to AAA Syracuse, Harrisburg will continue cruising toward the playoffs, hopefully with some help from lefties Solis and Rosenbaum. Tyler Moore raised his average to .260 and hit his 19th home run. Rhinehart, Gilbert, and Rahl are still there. Guess they might miss Lombardozzi and Peacock … so hopefully Harper's bat will come around and the promotions aforementioned will occur sooner rather than later.

116. natsfan1a - Jul 17, 2011 at 9:59 AM

hehe. :-DSec 3, My Sofa said… Three with one shot! You can't stop her, you can only hope to contain her. July 16, 2011 11:19 PM