Jul 18, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
Wednesday, 2:05 p.m. — RHP Livan Hernandez (5-9, 4.09) vs. RHP Brett Myers (3-10, 4.86)
TV: MASN2 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 185
If nothing else, the Astros are consistent. They beat the Rangers on June 22 … and proceeded to lose five straight. Then they beat the Rangers again on June 30 … and proceeded to lose five straight. Then they beat the Pirates on July 6 … and proceeded to lose five straight. Guess what? They beat the Pirates on Saturday, then lost yesterday in extra innings. If history holds form, the Nationals are guaranteed a sweep at Minute Maid Park.
Suffice it to say, it's been a long season already deep in the heart of Texas. The Astros have baseball's worst record (31-64) and haven't exactly been playing competitive baseball of late. When Mark Melancon recorded the final three outs of Saturday's victory, it markedRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win