Jul 18, 2011, 2:09 PM EST
Wednesday, 2:05 p.m. — RHP Livan Hernandez (5-9, 4.09) vs. RHP Brett Myers (3-10, 4.86)
TV: MASN2 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 185
If nothing else, the Astros are consistent. They beat the Rangers on June 22 … and proceeded to lose five straight. Then they beat the Rangers again on June 30 … and proceeded to lose five straight. Then they beat the Pirates on July 6 … and proceeded to lose five straight. Guess what? They beat the Pirates on Saturday, then lost yesterday in extra innings. If history holds form, the Nationals are guaranteed a sweep at Minute Maid Park.
Suffice it to say, it's been a long season already deep in the heart of Texas. The Astros have baseball's worst record (31-64) and haven't exactly been playing competitive baseball of late. When Mark Melancon recorded the final three outs of Saturday's victory, it markedRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)
- Nationals' asking price high on Storen, Clippard
- Phillies willing to trade Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee
- Nats expect McLouth to get significant playing time
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander