Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Sunday, 4:10 p.m. — RHP Jason Marquis (8-4, 3.92) vs. RHP Chad Billingsley (8-8, 4.07)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
It seems like all the attention on baseball in L.A. this year has been focused on the courtroom and the ongoing saga of owner Frank McCourt's divorce and MLB's attempted takeover of one of the sport's great franchises. On the field, though, 2011 has been just as dour.
The Dodgers enter the weekend at 43-55, sharing the NL West basement with the Padres and trying to figure out how they can possibly get their offense going. You think the Nationals have had trouble getting runners across this plate? The Dodgers have scored a total of 37 runs this month, fewest in the majors.
The lack of offense cost hitting coach Jeff Pentland his job this week. Dave Hansen takes over for the rest of the season, hoping he can get several of the club's most disappointing sluggers to find their swingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season
- Desmond leads way with 4 RBI in Nationals' 8th straight win
- Strasburg gives Nats 'what the doctor ordered'
- Strasburg tames Diamondbacks in 8-1 victory
- Gonzalez on the Nats' rotation: 'I want to catch up' (VIDEO)
- Nats' McLouth to have shoulder surgery, out for season
- LaRoche, Desmond and Fister take on the ice bucket (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Nationals go for eighth straight win against Arizona
- State of the Nationals' bullpen: Exhausted
- Around the NL East: Are the Marlins legit contenders?