Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Sunday, 4:10 p.m. — RHP Jason Marquis (8-4, 3.92) vs. RHP Chad Billingsley (8-8, 4.07)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
It seems like all the attention on baseball in L.A. this year has been focused on the courtroom and the ongoing saga of owner Frank McCourt's divorce and MLB's attempted takeover of one of the sport's great franchises. On the field, though, 2011 has been just as dour.
The Dodgers enter the weekend at 43-55, sharing the NL West basement with the Padres and trying to figure out how they can possibly get their offense going. You think the Nationals have had trouble getting runners across this plate? The Dodgers have scored a total of 37 runs this month, fewest in the majors.
The lack of offense cost hitting coach Jeff Pentland his job this week. Dave Hansen takes over for the rest of the season, hoping he can get several of the club's most disappointing sluggers to find their swingRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair