Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Sunday, 4:10 p.m. — RHP Jason Marquis (8-4, 3.92) vs. RHP Chad Billingsley (8-8, 4.07)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
It seems like all the attention on baseball in L.A. this year has been focused on the courtroom and the ongoing saga of owner Frank McCourt's divorce and MLB's attempted takeover of one of the sport's great franchises. On the field, though, 2011 has been just as dour.
The Dodgers enter the weekend at 43-55, sharing the NL West basement with the Padres and trying to figure out how they can possibly get their offense going. You think the Nationals have had trouble getting runners across this plate? The Dodgers have scored a total of 37 runs this month, fewest in the majors.
The lack of offense cost hitting coach Jeff Pentland his job this week. Dave Hansen takes over for the rest of the season, hoping he can get several of the club's most disappointing sluggers to find their swingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win