Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Sunday, 4:10 p.m. — RHP Jason Marquis (8-4, 3.92) vs. RHP Chad Billingsley (8-8, 4.07)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
It seems like all the attention on baseball in L.A. this year has been focused on the courtroom and the ongoing saga of owner Frank McCourt's divorce and MLB's attempted takeover of one of the sport's great franchises. On the field, though, 2011 has been just as dour.
The Dodgers enter the weekend at 43-55, sharing the NL West basement with the Padres and trying to figure out how they can possibly get their offense going. You think the Nationals have had trouble getting runners across this plate? The Dodgers have scored a total of 37 runs this month, fewest in the majors.
The lack of offense cost hitting coach Jeff Pentland his job this week. Dave Hansen takes over for the rest of the season, hoping he can get several of the club's most disappointing sluggers to find their swingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke
- Quality at-bats propel Nationals to big win