Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Sunday, 4:10 p.m. — RHP Jason Marquis (8-4, 3.92) vs. RHP Chad Billingsley (8-8, 4.07)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
It seems like all the attention on baseball in L.A. this year has been focused on the courtroom and the ongoing saga of owner Frank McCourt's divorce and MLB's attempted takeover of one of the sport's great franchises. On the field, though, 2011 has been just as dour.
The Dodgers enter the weekend at 43-55, sharing the NL West basement with the Padres and trying to figure out how they can possibly get their offense going. You think the Nationals have had trouble getting runners across this plate? The Dodgers have scored a total of 37 runs this month, fewest in the majors.
The lack of offense cost hitting coach Jeff Pentland his job this week. Dave Hansen takes over for the rest of the season, hoping he can get several of the club's most disappointing sluggers to find their swingRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful