Jul 24, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals face the Dodgers today in the rubber game of their series.
On July 7, the Nationals stormed out to an 8-0 lead against the Cubs, then proceeded to blow it in stunning fashion and lose 10-9. Since that night, they've gone 4-8, falling from two games over .500 to two games under .500.
On the bright side, they've lost seven of those eight games by one run. It's not like they're no match for the competition. If anything, they're making one bad pitch, failing to come through in one key at-bat, on a nightly basis. Basically, it's the exact opposite of what they did during their remarkable hot streak in June.
Today, the Nats will look to reverse the trend and in the process end their road trip on a high note. Jason Marquis makes what could be his final start for this franchise should another team come calling before the trade deadline. He'll face right-hander Chad Billingsley, trying to win the series for the Dodgers.
As you know by now, I'm not in Los Angeles. I'll be back on site Tuesday for the start of the Nationals' upcoming homestand. Until then, please enjoy the conversation as always…
NATIONALS at DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
TV: MASN2, Ch. 50
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Sunny, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals