Jul 24, 2011, 5:54 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals face the Dodgers today in the rubber game of their series.
On July 7, the Nationals stormed out to an 8-0 lead against the Cubs, then proceeded to blow it in stunning fashion and lose 10-9. Since that night, they've gone 4-8, falling from two games over .500 to two games under .500.
On the bright side, they've lost seven of those eight games by one run. It's not like they're no match for the competition. If anything, they're making one bad pitch, failing to come through in one key at-bat, on a nightly basis. Basically, it's the exact opposite of what they did during their remarkable hot streak in June.
Today, the Nats will look to reverse the trend and in the process end their road trip on a high note. Jason Marquis makes what could be his final start for this franchise should another team come calling before the trade deadline. He'll face right-hander Chad Billingsley, trying to win the series for the Dodgers.
As you know by now, I'm not in Los Angeles. I'll be back on site Tuesday for the start of the Nationals' upcoming homestand. Until then, please enjoy the conversation as always…
NATIONALS at DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
TV: MASN2, Ch. 50
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Sunny, 74 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen