Jul 26, 2011, 7:20 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals are finally back home tonight against the Marlins.
It's been 16 days since a ballgame was last played at Nationals Park, a long stretch that finally comes to end tonight when the Nationals host the Marlins in the first game of a key, nine-game homestand that will also see the Mets and Braves come to town.
The Marlins, of course, have been nemesis No. 1 for the Nats in recent years, though the matchup has been far more even so far this season (Florida has won five of nine). The Nationals also catch something of a break this week in avoiding Josh Johnson (DL) and Anibal Sanchez. They do have to deal tonight with Ricky Nolasco (career 8-3 vs. the franchise).
With everyone rested and refreshed following an off-day, Davey Johnson goes with his regular lineup: Roger Bernadina leading off and in center field, Jayson Werth batting fifth, Laynce Nix batting sixth and Wilson Ramos behind the plate. Jordan Zimmermann takes the mound, trying to bounce back from his worst outing of the season (six runs allowed in five innings).
Plenty of updates to come…
MARLINS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Sunny, 90 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
CF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats