Jul 26, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
Thursday, 12:35 p.m. — LHP Brad Hand (1-3, 2.77) vs. LHP John Lannan (7-6, 3.51)
TV: MASN Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 189
What a strange season it's been in Miami. A club that had high hopes to compete for the NL East title (or at least the wild-card) got off to a strong start, then crashed and burned in June like few teams have ever done. The Marlins' record that month: 5-23. That cost manager Edwin Rodriguez his job and brought 80-year-old Jack McKeon out of the cryogenic freezer and back into the dugout.
So what have the Marlins done since? Well, they're 13-8 in July, attempting to dig themselves out of that seemingly inescapable hole they created last month. Now they enter this series 1/2-game behind the Nationals for fourth place in the division.
Florida's lineup has come alive during this recent surge. After hitting an abysmal .225 with a .624 OPS in June, the group is batting .266 with a .772 OPS in July. Old friend Emilio Bonifacio has been front-Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins