Jul 29, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — LHP Jon Niese (10-8, 3.97) vs. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (6-9, 3.27)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183
New York has been known in the past to wilt at the first sign of controversy or trouble. Not this year. Despite plenty of off-the-field drama and the recent trades of two key veterans, the Mets continue to play competitive baseball and come to the District riding a four-game winning streak.
This is a different-looking roster, though, than the last time the Nationals saw it. Closer Francisco Rodriguez was traded over the All-Star break to the Brewers, and on Wednesday, outfielder Carlos Beltran was shipped to the Giants. Veteran Jason Isringhausen, enjoying a nice comeback season, has taken over as closer in Rodriguez's wake. Lucas Duda, meanwhile, appears to be the new right fielder with Beltran gone and came through yesterday with a three-run double in the Mets' win over the Reds, capping a wild week.
"The last two games speaks volumes about these guys," manager Terry Collins told reporters. "They were drained. They were wiped outRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL