Jul 29, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — LHP Jon Niese (10-8, 3.97) vs. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (6-9, 3.27)
TV: MASN2, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183
New York has been known in the past to wilt at the first sign of controversy or trouble. Not this year. Despite plenty of off-the-field drama and the recent trades of two key veterans, the Mets continue to play competitive baseball and come to the District riding a four-game winning streak.
This is a different-looking roster, though, than the last time the Nationals saw it. Closer Francisco Rodriguez was traded over the All-Star break to the Brewers, and on Wednesday, outfielder Carlos Beltran was shipped to the Giants. Veteran Jason Isringhausen, enjoying a nice comeback season, has taken over as closer in Rodriguez's wake. Lucas Duda, meanwhile, appears to be the new right fielder with Beltran gone and came through yesterday with a three-run double in the Mets' win over the Reds, capping a wild week.
"The last two games speaks volumes about these guys," manager Terry Collins told reporters. "They were drained. They were wiped outRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'