Jul 30, 2011, 7:34 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis is scheduled to start — emphasis on scheduled — tonight.
We're now just outside of 24 hours until tomorrow's trade deadline, and it's already been an active day for the Nationals. Jerry Hairston was traded to the Brewers for minor-league outfielder Erik Komatsu. That left a void on the Nats' bench, so they've recalled Brian Bixler from Syracuse. (For those wondering about Roger Bernadina, you must wait 10 day to recall a player after optioning him, unless he's replacing an injured player.)
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis is scheduled to start tonight's game against the Mets. Unless, of course, he's traded before then. What are the odds of that happening? Well, enough that the Nationals have flown Yunesky Maya in from Syracuse to stand on-call just in case they need an emergency starter for this game. (Maya was supposed to start tonight for Syracuse, which is why he got the call over Tom Milone or Brad Peacock.)
Suffice it to say, everyone's in standby mode here at the ballpark, just waiting to find out what will happen next. Check back here for all your updates throughout the afternoon and evening…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 92 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon