Jul 30, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis is scheduled to start — emphasis on scheduled — tonight.
We're now just outside of 24 hours until tomorrow's trade deadline, and it's already been an active day for the Nationals. Jerry Hairston was traded to the Brewers for minor-league outfielder Erik Komatsu. That left a void on the Nats' bench, so they've recalled Brian Bixler from Syracuse. (For those wondering about Roger Bernadina, you must wait 10 day to recall a player after optioning him, unless he's replacing an injured player.)
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis is scheduled to start tonight's game against the Mets. Unless, of course, he's traded before then. What are the odds of that happening? Well, enough that the Nationals have flown Yunesky Maya in from Syracuse to stand on-call just in case they need an emergency starter for this game. (Maya was supposed to start tonight for Syracuse, which is why he got the call over Tom Milone or Brad Peacock.)
Suffice it to say, everyone's in standby mode here at the ballpark, just waiting to find out what will happen next. Check back here for all your updates throughout the afternoon and evening…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 92 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig