Jul 30, 2011, 7:34 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis is scheduled to start — emphasis on scheduled — tonight.
We're now just outside of 24 hours until tomorrow's trade deadline, and it's already been an active day for the Nationals. Jerry Hairston was traded to the Brewers for minor-league outfielder Erik Komatsu. That left a void on the Nats' bench, so they've recalled Brian Bixler from Syracuse. (For those wondering about Roger Bernadina, you must wait 10 day to recall a player after optioning him, unless he's replacing an injured player.)
Meanwhile, Jason Marquis is scheduled to start tonight's game against the Mets. Unless, of course, he's traded before then. What are the odds of that happening? Well, enough that the Nationals have flown Yunesky Maya in from Syracuse to stand on-call just in case they need an emergency starter for this game. (Maya was supposed to start tonight for Syracuse, which is why he got the call over Tom Milone or Brad Peacock.)
Suffice it to say, everyone's in standby mode here at the ballpark, just waiting to find out what will happen next. Check back here for all your updates throughout the afternoon and evening…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 92 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal