Jul 31, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces Jon Niese in today's series finale at Nationals Park.
As the drama of the trade deadline plays out in the general manager's office, the Nationals take the field this afternoon to face the Mets in the rubber game of this weekend series. Last night's 3-0 victory was nice; another win today to ensure a series victory would be even nicer.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the ball for the Nats, coming off back-to-back shaky outings. Everyone will be very interested to see how he responds today. Left-hander Jon Niese starts for the Mets, and he'll face a lineup loaded with right-handed hitters (including Brian Bixler, who makes his first career start in center field).
I'm here at the ballpark today, but I'm going to be handling all the trade deadline stuff. Fortunately, Chase Hughes is right here by my side, and he'll be providing updates on this blog for your enjoyment. Please treat him just as you treat me. On second thought, treat him better than me…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: MASN2, Ch. 50
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly sunny, 94 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
CF Brian Bixler
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot