Jul 31, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces Jon Niese in today's series finale at Nationals Park.
As the drama of the trade deadline plays out in the general manager's office, the Nationals take the field this afternoon to face the Mets in the rubber game of this weekend series. Last night's 3-0 victory was nice; another win today to ensure a series victory would be even nicer.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the ball for the Nats, coming off back-to-back shaky outings. Everyone will be very interested to see how he responds today. Left-hander Jon Niese starts for the Mets, and he'll face a lineup loaded with right-handed hitters (including Brian Bixler, who makes his first career start in center field).
I'm here at the ballpark today, but I'm going to be handling all the trade deadline stuff. Fortunately, Chase Hughes is right here by my side, and he'll be providing updates on this blog for your enjoyment. Please treat him just as you treat me. On second thought, treat him better than me…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: MASN2, Ch. 50
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly sunny, 94 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
CF Brian Bixler
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend