Jul 31, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces Jon Niese in today's series finale at Nationals Park.
As the drama of the trade deadline plays out in the general manager's office, the Nationals take the field this afternoon to face the Mets in the rubber game of this weekend series. Last night's 3-0 victory was nice; another win today to ensure a series victory would be even nicer.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the ball for the Nats, coming off back-to-back shaky outings. Everyone will be very interested to see how he responds today. Left-hander Jon Niese starts for the Mets, and he'll face a lineup loaded with right-handed hitters (including Brian Bixler, who makes his first career start in center field).
I'm here at the ballpark today, but I'm going to be handling all the trade deadline stuff. Fortunately, Chase Hughes is right here by my side, and he'll be providing updates on this blog for your enjoyment. Please treat him just as you treat me. On second thought, treat him better than me…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
TV: MASN2, Ch. 50
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly sunny, 94 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
CF Brian Bixler
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base