Aug 1, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Jair Jurrjens tonight at Nationals Park.
With yesterday's drama (both on the field and in the GM's office) behind them, the Nationals get back to simple baseball business tonight, hosting the Braves (who, by the way, lost the 10,000th game in their franchise's illustrious history yesterday, just two weeks after winning their 10,000th game).
The Nats played the wild-card leading Braves tough in that series at Turner Field and should have taken two of three if not for an unsightly collapse in the Sunday finale. Atlanta, though, has a new reinforcement atop its lineup: Center fielder Michael Bourn, who was acquired yesterday from Houston.
Livan Hernandez gets the ball for the Nationals, facing 12-game winner Jair Jurrjens. It's another ridiculously hot afternoon in the District, though there is a chance of a storm sweeping through town right around gametime. Check back here for updates…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Chance of storms, 95 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera