Aug 1, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Jair Jurrjens tonight at Nationals Park.
With yesterday's drama (both on the field and in the GM's office) behind them, the Nationals get back to simple baseball business tonight, hosting the Braves (who, by the way, lost the 10,000th game in their franchise's illustrious history yesterday, just two weeks after winning their 10,000th game).
The Nats played the wild-card leading Braves tough in that series at Turner Field and should have taken two of three if not for an unsightly collapse in the Sunday finale. Atlanta, though, has a new reinforcement atop its lineup: Center fielder Michael Bourn, who was acquired yesterday from Houston.
Livan Hernandez gets the ball for the Nationals, facing 12-game winner Jair Jurrjens. It's another ridiculously hot afternoon in the District, though there is a chance of a storm sweeping through town right around gametime. Check back here for updates…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Chance of storms, 95 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip
- Cabrera out of lineup, but not seriously injured