Aug 1, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Jair Jurrjens tonight at Nationals Park.
With yesterday's drama (both on the field and in the GM's office) behind them, the Nationals get back to simple baseball business tonight, hosting the Braves (who, by the way, lost the 10,000th game in their franchise's illustrious history yesterday, just two weeks after winning their 10,000th game).
The Nats played the wild-card leading Braves tough in that series at Turner Field and should have taken two of three if not for an unsightly collapse in the Sunday finale. Atlanta, though, has a new reinforcement atop its lineup: Center fielder Michael Bourn, who was acquired yesterday from Houston.
Livan Hernandez gets the ball for the Nationals, facing 12-game winner Jair Jurrjens. It's another ridiculously hot afternoon in the District, though there is a chance of a storm sweeping through town right around gametime. Check back here for updates…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Chance of storms, 95 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal
- Scherzer signing shows Nats' continued growth as a franchise
- History with Rizzo, Williams gives Nats confidence in Scherzer