Aug 1, 2011, 2:07 PM EDT
Wednesday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Brandon Beachy (4-2, 3.27) vs. RHP Chien-Ming Wang (0-1, 9.00)
TV: MASN Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM
Two weeks ago, the Braves beat the Nationals for the 10,000th victory in franchise history, an accomplishment that was then proclaimed all across Turner Field with the subtlety of a knee to the groin. Well, Atlanta yesterday lost the 10,000th game in franchise history (joining only the Phillies in that illustrious category) and you've got to wonder whether the Nationals will find a way to make note of that at the ballpark tonight.
All kidding aside, the Braves remain in firm control of the NL wild-card lead right now, up 3 1/2 games on the Diamondbacks. And they just added a key piece for the stretch run, acquiring Michael Bourn from the Astros for four players (none of them considered top-tier prospects).
Bourn (hitting .303 with a .363 on-base percentage and a league-leading 39 stolen bases) should help solve Atlanta's woeful problems inRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Gonzalez makes case for postseason start
- Bryce, Gio continue late-season surge in 6-2 win
- NL Playoff Outlook: What stars will give the Nationals trouble?
- LaRoche gets extra day off to rest ailing back
- Michael Jenkins takes walkoff pie to the face (VIDEO)
- Nats move on to Miami with Gio starting in hometown
- PHOTO: Kevin Durant rocks a Nats jersey
- UPDATE: Nats DFA Perez, claim Twins shortstop
- If healthy, Zimmerman should be in Nats lineup
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine