Aug 1, 2011, 2:07 PM EDT
Wednesday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Brandon Beachy (4-2, 3.27) vs. RHP Chien-Ming Wang (0-1, 9.00)
TV: MASN Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM
Two weeks ago, the Braves beat the Nationals for the 10,000th victory in franchise history, an accomplishment that was then proclaimed all across Turner Field with the subtlety of a knee to the groin. Well, Atlanta yesterday lost the 10,000th game in franchise history (joining only the Phillies in that illustrious category) and you've got to wonder whether the Nationals will find a way to make note of that at the ballpark tonight.
All kidding aside, the Braves remain in firm control of the NL wild-card lead right now, up 3 1/2 games on the Diamondbacks. And they just added a key piece for the stretch run, acquiring Michael Bourn from the Astros for four players (none of them considered top-tier prospects).
Bourn (hitting .303 with a .363 on-base percentage and a league-leading 39 stolen bases) should help solve Atlanta's woeful problems inRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Big pitching showdown in series finale
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper