Aug 5, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Jordan Zimmermann faces Juan Nicasio tonight at Coors Field.
That red-hot Nationals lineup, so productive during the last week at home, went ice-cold in the thin Denver air last night. Go figure. They'll give it another shot tonight in Game 2 of this four-game series against the Rockies, with the same starting eight as yesterday.
That lineup will be up against Juan Nicasio, a rookie right-hander who has been pretty effective in his first big-league stint (four of his last six outings have been quality starts).
Jordan Zimmermann starts for the Nationals, inching ever closer to his season limit of 160 innings. He's currently sitting at 132 2/3, so he's only got about four more starts before he's shut down for 2011.
As you know, I'm not in Colorado this weekend. Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NATIONALS at ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss