Aug 5, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Jordan Zimmermann faces Juan Nicasio tonight at Coors Field.
That red-hot Nationals lineup, so productive during the last week at home, went ice-cold in the thin Denver air last night. Go figure. They'll give it another shot tonight in Game 2 of this four-game series against the Rockies, with the same starting eight as yesterday.
That lineup will be up against Juan Nicasio, a rookie right-hander who has been pretty effective in his first big-league stint (four of his last six outings have been quality starts).
Jordan Zimmermann starts for the Nationals, inching ever closer to his season limit of 160 innings. He's currently sitting at 132 2/3, so he's only got about four more starts before he's shut down for 2011.
As you know, I'm not in Colorado this weekend. Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NATIONALS at ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s
- Both NL Division Series continue with Saturday doubleheader
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?