Aug 6, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals look to make it two in a row at Coors Field tonight.
Last night's game was less notable for the final score (Nationals 5, Rockies 3) than it was for the scary scene in the top of the second that saw Colorado right-hander Juan Nicasio plummet to the ground after getting hit in the head by a line drive off Ian Desmond's bat. For those who haven't heard the latest update, Nicasio had surgery to stabilize a fractured C-1 vertebrae in his neck. Though the club said he's "resting comfortably," it's by no means an insignificant injury. The Rockies training staff is scheduled to update media members later today.
As for tonight's game, Livan Hernandez gets the ball for the Nationals. The veteran right-hander had been suffering through a rough stretch, but he bounced back nicely Monday to beat the Braves and allow only one run over six innings. The talented Jhoulys Chacin (who held the Nats to one run in seven innings last month but hasn't won in his last eight starts, pitches for Colorado.
I'm out of town for the rest of the weekend with limited access to my computer. I'll try to get the lineups posted later, but in the meantime I wanted to get the game thread up so everyone could read the latest on Nicasio. Enjoy tonight's game…
NATIONALS at ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 86 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from RF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres