Aug 6, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals look to make it two in a row at Coors Field tonight.
Last night's game was less notable for the final score (Nationals 5, Rockies 3) than it was for the scary scene in the top of the second that saw Colorado right-hander Juan Nicasio plummet to the ground after getting hit in the head by a line drive off Ian Desmond's bat. For those who haven't heard the latest update, Nicasio had surgery to stabilize a fractured C-1 vertebrae in his neck. Though the club said he's "resting comfortably," it's by no means an insignificant injury. The Rockies training staff is scheduled to update media members later today.
As for tonight's game, Livan Hernandez gets the ball for the Nationals. The veteran right-hander had been suffering through a rough stretch, but he bounced back nicely Monday to beat the Braves and allow only one run over six innings. The talented Jhoulys Chacin (who held the Nats to one run in seven innings last month but hasn't won in his last eight starts, pitches for Colorado.
I'm out of town for the rest of the weekend with limited access to my computer. I'll try to get the lineups posted later, but in the meantime I wanted to get the game thread up so everyone could read the latest on Nicasio. Enjoy tonight's game…
NATIONALS at ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 86 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from RF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'