Aug 8, 2011, 8:09 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats open a three-game series against the Cubs tonight at Wrigley Field.
CHICAGO — Hello from the one and only Friendly Confines, still a great place to watch a ballgame all these years after it opened. It's a bit of a warm, muggy day on the North Side of Chicago, but the wind is blowing in off Lake Michigan, which means the ball won't be carrying into the bleachers tonight.
That should be good news for Chien-Ming Wang, who makes his third start of the season, hoping to pitch a bit deeper into the game and to avoid the disastrous first inning that has plagued him his last two times out.
Davey Johnson is going with his standard lineup against Matt Garza, the lone exception being Jonny Gomes (who gets his second straight start against a right-hander).
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
NATIONALS at CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem