Aug 8, 2011, 8:09 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats open a three-game series against the Cubs tonight at Wrigley Field.
CHICAGO — Hello from the one and only Friendly Confines, still a great place to watch a ballgame all these years after it opened. It's a bit of a warm, muggy day on the North Side of Chicago, but the wind is blowing in off Lake Michigan, which means the ball won't be carrying into the bleachers tonight.
That should be good news for Chien-Ming Wang, who makes his third start of the season, hoping to pitch a bit deeper into the game and to avoid the disastrous first inning that has plagued him his last two times out.
Davey Johnson is going with his standard lineup against Matt Garza, the lone exception being Jonny Gomes (who gets his second straight start against a right-hander).
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
NATIONALS at CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"