Aug 8, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Wednesday, 8:05 p.m. — RHP Jordan Zimmermann (7-9, 3.12) vs. RHP Ryan Dempster (9-8, 4.87)
TV: MASN Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 187
A disastrous season the North Side experienced a surprise turn of events over the last week when the Cubs suddenly won seven consecutive games. That streak came to a halt Sunday against the Reds, but the fact remains that this Chicago club is red-hot at the moment, especially at the plate.
An already-productive lineup scored at will during the streak, averaging 7.5 runs per game. Carlos Pena and Aramis Ramirez have already surpassed the 20-homer mark for the season, and Alfonso Soriano is one longball away from joining that group. Dynamic young shortstop Starlin Castro (.313 average) continues to impress.
Pitching remains something of an issue, especially in the bullpen, where manager Mike Quade has been changing closers on a regular basis. The enigmatic Carlos Marmol lost his job at one point,Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence
- Markakis to have neck surgery 2 weeks after signing with Braves
- Stephen Strasburg goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Nats, Harper settle on 2-year deal, avoid hearing