Aug 8, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Wednesday, 8:05 p.m. — RHP Jordan Zimmermann (7-9, 3.12) vs. RHP Ryan Dempster (9-8, 4.87)
TV: MASN Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 187
A disastrous season the North Side experienced a surprise turn of events over the last week when the Cubs suddenly won seven consecutive games. That streak came to a halt Sunday against the Reds, but the fact remains that this Chicago club is red-hot at the moment, especially at the plate.
An already-productive lineup scored at will during the streak, averaging 7.5 runs per game. Carlos Pena and Aramis Ramirez have already surpassed the 20-homer mark for the season, and Alfonso Soriano is one longball away from joining that group. Dynamic young shortstop Starlin Castro (.313 average) continues to impress.
Pitching remains something of an issue, especially in the bullpen, where manager Mike Quade has been changing closers on a regular basis. The enigmatic Carlos Marmol lost his job at one point,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke