Aug 10, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler faces Rodrigo Lopez tonight at Wrigley Field.
CHICAGO — It's another gorgeous day on the North Side, clear and cool with a nice breeze blowing in off Lake Michigan. There are few better places to spend a summer than Chicago, and I speak from experience having spent the summer of 1997 right here covering Jim Riggleman's Cubs as an intern at the now-defunct Daily Southtown.
Fresh off an impressive 3-1 victory last night, the Nationals look to make it three in a row when Ross Detwiler takes the mound for his third start of the season. The lefty has pitched pretty well when called upon this year, but he's yet to show he can pitch deep into a game. Perhaps tonight is the night we see him sustain it and reach the sixth or seventh inning.
It's the usual lineup for the Nats, aside from Jesus Flores behind the plate instead of Wilson Ramos (who is celebrating his 24th birthday). That means Jonny Gomes (who has homered the last two games) gets his fourth straight start in left field.
Check back for updates throughout…
NATIONALS at CUBS
Where: Wrigley Field
Gametime: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Mostly clear, 73 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from LF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Nats add reliever, activate Moore to continue roster expansion
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups