Aug 10, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse circles the bases following his titanic home run.
CHICAGO — Michael Morse was asked last night if he's hit any balls farther than the one he crushed in the sixth inning, the one that landed at the top of the batters' eye in center field, just a few feet shy of the second deck of Wrigley Field's famed bleachers.
"I've hit some good ones this year," Morse said. "That one in Houston (July 18, over the train tracks in left field) felt pretty good."
How about May 23 in Milwaukee, the one to deep right-center?
"Milwaukee was a pretty good one, too," he replied.
What about last week at Nationals Park, when he reached the second deck underneath the scoreboard?
"Yeah, that was a good one, too," Morse said.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon