Aug 10, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse circles the bases following his titanic home run.
CHICAGO — Michael Morse was asked last night if he's hit any balls farther than the one he crushed in the sixth inning, the one that landed at the top of the batters' eye in center field, just a few feet shy of the second deck of Wrigley Field's famed bleachers.
"I've hit some good ones this year," Morse said. "That one in Houston (July 18, over the train tracks in left field) felt pretty good."
How about May 23 in Milwaukee, the one to deep right-center?
"Milwaukee was a pretty good one, too," he replied.
What about last week at Nationals Park, when he reached the second deck underneath the scoreboard?
"Yeah, that was a good one, too," Morse said.
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs