Aug 10, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse circles the bases following his titanic home run.
CHICAGO — Michael Morse was asked last night if he's hit any balls farther than the one he crushed in the sixth inning, the one that landed at the top of the batters' eye in center field, just a few feet shy of the second deck of Wrigley Field's famed bleachers.
"I've hit some good ones this year," Morse said. "That one in Houston (July 18, over the train tracks in left field) felt pretty good."
How about May 23 in Milwaukee, the one to deep right-center?
"Milwaukee was a pretty good one, too," he replied.
What about last week at Nationals Park, when he reached the second deck underneath the scoreboard?
"Yeah, that was a good one, too," Morse said.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager