Aug 10, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
Rodriguez, who hasn't played since injuring himself during batting practice July 7 at Nationals Park, was in Harrisburg today before the Class AA Senators' game. According to the Patriot-News, Rodriguez worked out and is likely to play in games by the end of the current homestand.
Nationals officials sound less confident. Manager Davey Johnson today referred to a recent "setback" for Rodriguez and suggested he's not going to be ready to return for quite some time.
"He's not doing too well," Johnson said before the Nationals' game against the Cubs. "He's pushing it too hard, and he's had a setback. He's just going to have to take it easy and let it heal."
Upon suffering the injury more than one month ago, Rodriguez expressed hope he could return in a matter of weeks. But he's been unable to swing a bat without experiencing pain in his side, and theRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros