Aug 10, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
Rodriguez, who hasn't played since injuring himself during batting practice July 7 at Nationals Park, was in Harrisburg today before the Class AA Senators' game. According to the Patriot-News, Rodriguez worked out and is likely to play in games by the end of the current homestand.
Nationals officials sound less confident. Manager Davey Johnson today referred to a recent "setback" for Rodriguez and suggested he's not going to be ready to return for quite some time.
"He's not doing too well," Johnson said before the Nationals' game against the Cubs. "He's pushing it too hard, and he's had a setback. He's just going to have to take it easy and let it heal."
Upon suffering the injury more than one month ago, Rodriguez expressed hope he could return in a matter of weeks. But he's been unable to swing a bat without experiencing pain in his side, and theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2