Aug 10, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
Rodriguez, who hasn't played since injuring himself during batting practice July 7 at Nationals Park, was in Harrisburg today before the Class AA Senators' game. According to the Patriot-News, Rodriguez worked out and is likely to play in games by the end of the current homestand.
Nationals officials sound less confident. Manager Davey Johnson today referred to a recent "setback" for Rodriguez and suggested he's not going to be ready to return for quite some time.
"He's not doing too well," Johnson said before the Nationals' game against the Cubs. "He's pushing it too hard, and he's had a setback. He's just going to have to take it easy and let it heal."
Upon suffering the injury more than one month ago, Rodriguez expressed hope he could return in a matter of weeks. But he's been unable to swing a bat without experiencing pain in his side, and theRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen