Aug 10, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
Rodriguez, who hasn't played since injuring himself during batting practice July 7 at Nationals Park, was in Harrisburg today before the Class AA Senators' game. According to the Patriot-News, Rodriguez worked out and is likely to play in games by the end of the current homestand.
Nationals officials sound less confident. Manager Davey Johnson today referred to a recent "setback" for Rodriguez and suggested he's not going to be ready to return for quite some time.
"He's not doing too well," Johnson said before the Nationals' game against the Cubs. "He's pushing it too hard, and he's had a setback. He's just going to have to take it easy and let it heal."
Upon suffering the injury more than one month ago, Rodriguez expressed hope he could return in a matter of weeks. But he's been unable to swing a bat without experiencing pain in his side, and theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion