Aug 12, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg makes his second rehab start tonight at Pfitzner Stadium.
WOODBRIDGE, Va. — Hello from Pfitzner Stadium, home of the Class A Potomac Nationals and site tonight of Stephen Strasburg's second rehab start. I've jumped off the major-league Nationals beat for one day to cover this game, but I'll be heading up to Philadelphia tomorrow for the rest of the weekend series against the Phillies.
The plan for Strasburg tonight: Three innings or roughly 45-50 pitches. I wasn't in Hagerstown Sunday for his first start, so this is the first time I've seen him pitch since that fateful night at Citizens Bank Park nearly one year ago when his ulnar collateral ligament tore. I'll be interested to see not only how hard he throws, but also how he commands all of his pitches.
The working conditions here at the Pfitz are … well, this isn't a major-league ballpark. The press box has room only for the two radio announcers, scoreboard operator, official scorer and one local writer. So the rest of us schlubs will be sitting on the metal bleachers in the stands. Hoping to be able to provide updates here, so please check back. I'll also post a Nats-Phillies game thread shortly, so please use that for tonight's game commentary…
MYRTLE BEACH at POTOMAC
Where: Pfitzner Stadium
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Weather: Mostly sunny, 82 degrees, Wind 1 mph in from LF
POTOMAC (53-62, 24-22 second half)
SS Francisco Soriano
2B Jeff Kobernus
LF Destin Hood
DH Brian Peacock
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals