Aug 13, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Roy Oswalt tonight if the weather cooperates.
PHILADELPHIA — Hello from Citizens Bank Park, where it's been raining on and off. The forecast shows a potential window of clearing around the time of tonight's game, but tomorrow doesn't look good at all. We'll just have to wait and see how this goes.
If and when tonight's game is played, John Lannan will be on the mound for the Nationals. And Hunter Wendelstedt will be calling balls and strikes behind the plate. Why is that significant? Because, you may recall, Wendelstedt was the plate umpire right here on July 26, 2007, when Lannan made his big-league debut … and was ejected after plunking Chase Utley and Ryan Howard in succession. (Lannan was in no way intentionally throwing at either guy. He was a 22-year-old rookie scared out of his mind. Wendelstedt didn't see it that way.)
The best news of the day for the Nationals is that Michael Morse is back in the lineup after missing last night's game, still feeling the effects of getting hit in the left elbow by a pitch Thursday in Chicago.
Plenty of updates (both game-related and weather-related) to come live from the ballpark, so be sure to check back often…
NATIONALS at PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 82 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
CF Rick Ankiel
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss