Aug 16, 2011, 1:41 AM EST
Left-hander Kylin Turnbull, the organization's fourth-round pick in June, has agreed to a deal that includes a $325,000 signing bonus, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
That's about $100,000 over the MLB-recommended "slot" for the 127th overall pick in the draft.
Turnbull, a 6-foot-4 lefty with a fastball in the low-to-mid 90s who also throws a splitter, went 5-2 with a 2.47 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 80 innings for Santa Barbara Community College.
He had committed to pitch in his home state for the University ofRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera