Aug 16, 2011, 1:41 AM EDT
Left-hander Kylin Turnbull, the organization's fourth-round pick in June, has agreed to a deal that includes a $325,000 signing bonus, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
That's about $100,000 over the MLB-recommended "slot" for the 127th overall pick in the draft.
Turnbull, a 6-foot-4 lefty with a fastball in the low-to-mid 90s who also throws a splitter, went 5-2 with a 2.47 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 80 innings for Santa Barbara Community College.
He had committed to pitch in his home state for the University ofRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company