Aug 16, 2011, 1:41 AM EDT
Left-hander Kylin Turnbull, the organization's fourth-round pick in June, has agreed to a deal that includes a $325,000 signing bonus, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
That's about $100,000 over the MLB-recommended "slot" for the 127th overall pick in the draft.
Turnbull, a 6-foot-4 lefty with a fastball in the low-to-mid 90s who also throws a splitter, went 5-2 with a 2.47 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 80 innings for Santa Barbara Community College.
He had committed to pitch in his home state for the University ofRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015