Aug 16, 2011, 1:41 AM EDT
Left-hander Kylin Turnbull, the organization's fourth-round pick in June, has agreed to a deal that includes a $325,000 signing bonus, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
That's about $100,000 over the MLB-recommended "slot" for the 127th overall pick in the draft.
Turnbull, a 6-foot-4 lefty with a fastball in the low-to-mid 90s who also throws a splitter, went 5-2 with a 2.47 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 80 innings for Santa Barbara Community College.
He had committed to pitch in his home state for the University ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups