Aug 16, 2011, 1:41 AM EDT
Left-hander Kylin Turnbull, the organization's fourth-round pick in June, has agreed to a deal that includes a $325,000 signing bonus, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America.
That's about $100,000 over the MLB-recommended "slot" for the 127th overall pick in the draft.
Turnbull, a 6-foot-4 lefty with a fastball in the low-to-mid 90s who also throws a splitter, went 5-2 with a 2.47 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 80 innings for Santa Barbara Community College.
He had committed to pitch in his home state for the University ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded