Aug 16, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
Thursday, 7:05 p.m. — RHP Bronson Arroyo (7-9, 5.31) vs. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (7-10, 3.23)
TV: MASN Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 187
It's been something of a baffling season in Cincinnati, where the defending NL Central champs figured to be in the thick of the race again but are currently languishing three games below the .500 mark. They've got several players having outstanding years, including reigning NL MVP Joey Votto, outfielder Jay Bruce and right-hander Johnny Cueto, but the overall product has been a disappointment.
The Reds' Pythagorean record, which predicts what their record should be based only on run differential, is 65-56. That makes them one of baseball's biggest underachievers.
Votto (.949 OPS) and Bruce (26 homers, 78 RBI) have carried the lineup, but they aren't getting help from many others. SecondRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?