Aug 16, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
Thursday, 7:05 p.m. — RHP Bronson Arroyo (7-9, 5.31) vs. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (7-10, 3.23)
TV: MASN Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 187
It's been something of a baffling season in Cincinnati, where the defending NL Central champs figured to be in the thick of the race again but are currently languishing three games below the .500 mark. They've got several players having outstanding years, including reigning NL MVP Joey Votto, outfielder Jay Bruce and right-hander Johnny Cueto, but the overall product has been a disappointment.
The Reds' Pythagorean record, which predicts what their record should be based only on run differential, is 65-56. That makes them one of baseball's biggest underachievers.
Votto (.949 OPS) and Bruce (26 homers, 78 RBI) have carried the lineup, but they aren't getting help from many others. SecondRead more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs