Aug 16, 2011, 12:09 AM EST
The Suns made the official announcement on their website: Strasburg will face the Lexington Legends at 7:05 p.m.
The right-hander is expected to pitch four innings or about 60 pitches, ramping up from his three-inning start Friday night at high-Class A Potomac, in which he struck out five and didn’t allow a ball to leave the infield.
Though Strasburg is going down one level in the Nationals’ farm system for this next appearance, it’s in no way a demotion. The organization simply wants to make sure he pitches in home games, and the only other affiliate at home Wednesday is Class AAA Syracuse.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires