Aug 16, 2011, 12:09 AM EST
The Suns made the official announcement on their website: Strasburg will face the Lexington Legends at 7:05 p.m.
The right-hander is expected to pitch four innings or about 60 pitches, ramping up from his three-inning start Friday night at high-Class A Potomac, in which he struck out five and didn’t allow a ball to leave the infield.
Though Strasburg is going down one level in the Nationals’ farm system for this next appearance, it’s in no way a demotion. The organization simply wants to make sure he pitches in home games, and the only other affiliate at home Wednesday is Class AAA Syracuse.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?