Aug 17, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg returns to Hagerstown tonight for his latest rehab start.
HAGERSTOWN — Hello from historic Municipal Stadium in Hagerstown, where tonight the low-Class A Suns host the Lexington Legends in the finale of a three-game South Atlantic League series. Most notable, of course, is the name of Hagerstown's starting pitcher: Stephen Strasburg.
Strasburg makes his third rehab start. He already pitched here 10 days ago in his return from Tommy John surgery. Five nights ago, he dominated at high-Class A Potomac. The plan tonight:
Four three innings or 60 50 pitches, whichever comes first. (Considering he only needed 33 pitches to get through three innings at Potomac, the right-field bullpen could be getting some extra work in the fifth tonight.)
Strasburg will be facing a Lexington lineup that features second baseman Delino DeShields Jr. I actually covered his father's final season with the Orioles in 2001. And yes, it's stuff like that starts making me feel really old.
I'll have inning-by-inning updates from here. Obviously, I'm not in D.C. for the Nats-Reds game, but I'll have a game thread posted shortly so everyone can follow along there and comment as always…
LEXINGTON at HAGERSTOWN
Where: Municipal Stadium
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 83 degrees, Wind 4 mph out to CF
HAGERSTOWN (68-52, 28-22 second half)
LF Michael Taylor
3B Blake Kelso
2B Adrian Sanchez
C David Freitas
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot