Aug 18, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will return to Hagerstown for yet another rehab start Monday night, Nationals manager Davey Johnson said today.
This will be Strasburg’s fourth minor-league start on his road back from Tommy John surgery, his third for the low-Class A Suns. He made his 2011 debut in Hagerstown on August 7, allowing one run over 1 2/3 innings, then advanced to high-Class A Potomac on August 12, tossing three scoreless innings in a dominant performance.
Strasburg returned to Hagerstown last night for rehab start No. 3 and was roughed up by the Lexington Legends, allowing five runs on four hits and two walks and reaching hi maximum pitch count of 49 after only 1 2/3 innings.
Team officials, though, weren’t concerned about Strasburg’s poor numbers from this latest start, only that his surgically repaired arm felt strong. His velocity was similar to the two previous starts,
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle