Aug 18, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will return to Hagerstown for yet another rehab start Monday night, Nationals manager Davey Johnson said today.
This will be Strasburg’s fourth minor-league start on his road back from Tommy John surgery, his third for the low-Class A Suns. He made his 2011 debut in Hagerstown on August 7, allowing one run over 1 2/3 innings, then advanced to high-Class A Potomac on August 12, tossing three scoreless innings in a dominant performance.
Strasburg returned to Hagerstown last night for rehab start No. 3 and was roughed up by the Lexington Legends, allowing five runs on four hits and two walks and reaching hi maximum pitch count of 49 after only 1 2/3 innings.
Team officials, though, weren’t concerned about Strasburg’s poor numbers from this latest start, only that his surgically repaired arm felt strong. His velocity was similar to the two previous starts,
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'