Aug 18, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will return to Hagerstown for yet another rehab start Monday night, Nationals manager Davey Johnson said today.
This will be Strasburg’s fourth minor-league start on his road back from Tommy John surgery, his third for the low-Class A Suns. He made his 2011 debut in Hagerstown on August 7, allowing one run over 1 2/3 innings, then advanced to high-Class A Potomac on August 12, tossing three scoreless innings in a dominant performance.
Strasburg returned to Hagerstown last night for rehab start No. 3 and was roughed up by the Lexington Legends, allowing five runs on four hits and two walks and reaching hi maximum pitch count of 49 after only 1 2/3 innings.
Team officials, though, weren’t concerned about Strasburg’s poor numbers from this latest start, only that his surgically repaired arm felt strong. His velocity was similar to the two previous starts,
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Cardinals coming to town
- The Baseball Show: Things are turning up for the Nats
- Marlins in panic mode after poor start to 2015
- Strasburg's changeup key in Nats' win against Phillies
- Denard Span's return felt 'like old times' for Nats
- Strasburg dazzles in Span’s return
- Taylor sent down to Syracuse, hopes to develop consistency
- Nats activate Span off disabled list for Sunday's game
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale
- Zimmermann still trying to find groove