Aug 19, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Roy Oswalt tonight at Nationals Park.
The Phillies are in town, which is a tough enough challenge in itself. That challenge becomes even tougher when your best and most consistent hitter isn't in the lineup.
Such is the case tonight for the Nationals, who have posted a lineup without Michael Morse listed. Laynce Nix is starting at first base and batting cleanup. Two possible reasons for this: 1) Morse could still be dealing with a bad left elbow after getting drilled there last week in Chicago, and 2) Though Morse has good numbers against Phillies starter Roy Oswalt (3-for-9, 2 doubles), Nix has REALLY good numbers against Oswalt (11-for-25, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 3 homers).
Livan Hernandez starts for the Nats, facing a Philly lineup that has both Ryan Howard and Carlos Ruiz back after each missed last night's game with injuries. Howard had a sore right hand. Ruiz had — wait for it — a bruised left testicle. Yep. Feel free to take a moment and cringe at the sound of that.
It's sunny right now at Nationals Park, but there's again a chance of showers tonight. Check back for updates…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Chance of storms, 85 degrees, Wind 4 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Laynce Nix
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?