Aug 19, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — Roy Halladay (15-5, 2.53) vs. RHP Chien-Ming Wang (2-2, 4.22)
TV: MASN, Ch 50 Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 185
Things continue to hum along nicely in Philadelphia, even when key players are lost due to injury or other calamities. The Phillies just took two of three from the NL West-leading Diamondbacks, winning last night's game despite missing Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino and Carlos Ruiz from the lineup.
Howard (hand) and Ruiz (groin) could return to play tonight. Victorino, though, will be serving the second game of his now-reduced suspension for his actions against the Giants on Aug. 5. The center fielder is slated to return tomorrow.
Others have stepped up their absence, especially outfielder John Mayberry Jr., whose two-run blast last night was his fourth homer in his last 10 games. Backup catcher (and former Nat) Brian SchneiderRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling