Aug 20, 2011, 7:44 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Roy Oswalt tonight at sold-out Nationals Park.
After last night's wild affair, the Nationals and Phillies are back for Game 2 of this series. No word yet if Livan Hernandez is available out of the Nats' bullpen after throwing more than 300 pitches last night between the game and warm-ups, though I'm sure Livo will insist he is.
Roy Oswalt, who was supposed to start the opener but was scratched after the 2-hour, 22-minute rain delay, gets the ball at last for the Phillies. He'll face a Nationals lineup that has Michael Morse back in the cleanup spot after sitting out one game with elbow inflammation.
John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the ball against the Phillies yet again. Seems like he never misses these guys, even though his lifetime numbers against them (1-11, 5.84 ERA) are horrendous.
It's Ian Desmond bobblehead night, the forecast is clear and this game has already been sold out. Updates to come…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 85 degrees, Wind 6 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement
- Storen appreciates Nats' vote of confidence