Aug 20, 2011, 7:44 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Roy Oswalt tonight at sold-out Nationals Park.
After last night's wild affair, the Nationals and Phillies are back for Game 2 of this series. No word yet if Livan Hernandez is available out of the Nats' bullpen after throwing more than 300 pitches last night between the game and warm-ups, though I'm sure Livo will insist he is.
Roy Oswalt, who was supposed to start the opener but was scratched after the 2-hour, 22-minute rain delay, gets the ball at last for the Phillies. He'll face a Nationals lineup that has Michael Morse back in the cleanup spot after sitting out one game with elbow inflammation.
John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the ball against the Phillies yet again. Seems like he never misses these guys, even though his lifetime numbers against them (1-11, 5.84 ERA) are horrendous.
It's Ian Desmond bobblehead night, the forecast is clear and this game has already been sold out. Updates to come…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 85 degrees, Wind 6 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'