Aug 20, 2011, 7:44 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Roy Oswalt tonight at sold-out Nationals Park.
After last night's wild affair, the Nationals and Phillies are back for Game 2 of this series. No word yet if Livan Hernandez is available out of the Nats' bullpen after throwing more than 300 pitches last night between the game and warm-ups, though I'm sure Livo will insist he is.
Roy Oswalt, who was supposed to start the opener but was scratched after the 2-hour, 22-minute rain delay, gets the ball at last for the Phillies. He'll face a Nationals lineup that has Michael Morse back in the cleanup spot after sitting out one game with elbow inflammation.
John Lannan, meanwhile, takes the ball against the Phillies yet again. Seems like he never misses these guys, even though his lifetime numbers against them (1-11, 5.84 ERA) are horrendous.
It's Ian Desmond bobblehead night, the forecast is clear and this game has already been sold out. Updates to come…
PHILLIES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Clear, 85 degrees, Wind 6 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins