Aug 22, 2011, 8:29 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces the Hickory Crawdads tonight at Municipal Stadium.
HAGERSTOWN — Hello once again from Municipal Stadium, which must mean Stephen Strasburg is pitching tonight. (I can assure you I didn't drive up here just to shop at the outlet mall.)
This is Strasburg's fourth rehab start, and it comes on the heels of perhaps his worst professional outing to date, in which he was tagged by the Lexington Legends for five runs over 1 2/3 innings. Tonight, the right-hander faces the Hickory Crawdads, low-Class A affiliate of the Texas Rangers. The big name to watch out of the Crawdads' lineup is leadoff hitter and shortstop Jurickson Profar, an 18-year-old top prospect out of Curacao who enters tonight hitting .286 with 11 homers, 32 doubles and a .396 on-base percentage.
The plan for Strasburg: four innings or 65 pitches, whichever comes first. Mike Rizzo and Mark Lerner are here to watch in person. I'm here, too, and I'll be providing updates during each of Strasburg's innings of work. Obviously, I won't be in D.C. for tonight's game against the Diamondbacks, but I'll post a game thread for that one shortly…
HICKORY at HAGERSTOWN
Where: Municipal Stadium
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Weather: Clear, 74 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
HAGERSTOWN (70-55, 30-25 second half)
CF Michael Taylor
3B Blake Kelso
2B Adrian Sanchez
C David Freitas
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett